General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My service manager does not like me....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Bluerose
Default My service manager does not like me....

So I called today and asked about taking my bike into them to "fix" the issues from the Maintenance.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
My oil is overfilled and I'm getting a wobble I didn't have before I took it in there. My Air shocks were filled to 20 (which he tried to tell me today was recommended which is correct for 2 up fully loaded, but not for a solo rider under 190 lbs.) and they said my tire pressure was like 8 lbs low though I checked them before taking them in. Oh and I asked about the rear brake squeal and was told I use my brakes too much.
&nbsp\\;
Anyway he tells me its OK to&nbsp\\;bring it in tonight, and they will look at it tomorrow. Cool...so I take it over there. (Mind you the Hollister Rally is this week and I'm not the only one going.)&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Wen I get there he tells me that he will not have time?&nbsp\\; I said wait, so you screwed up my maintenace appointment last time and you had my bike for an extra day, you screwed up a $300+ maintenace, and now that I have taken time off work to bring the bike in to make sure it is fixed and safe for&nbsp\\;a 600+ mile trip you want&nbsp\\;to turn me away?&nbsp\\; So he says I can leave it and he'll call me....I said No I will be here tomorrow to pick it up at 6 pm.

He is really not happy with me right now.
&nbsp\\;
BTW...he did admit that the brakes were an '08 thing and he had no fix for it.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: My service manager does not like me....

Stand your ground.&nbsp\\; They screwed it up, they can fix it.&nbsp\\; Why would they be adjusting your suspension anyway?&nbsp\\; It's set the way you like it not them.&nbsp\\; make them fix it.&nbsp\\; Ask to see the manager or owner.&nbsp\\; Make noise...&nbsp\\; don't settle.
&nbsp\\;
Good luck
&nbsp\\;
Bubba

Old 07-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Blue, somebody on the touring forum said that swapping the brake pads, inside for outside, made his brake squeel go away. Someone else mentioned that was the fix harley said was needed for the squeel. Dont know if itll work on all of them or yours but it might be worth a try.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:08 PM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find a indy in your area......they appreciate the business and try harder to do it right the first time to keep you coming back.....i've had very few good experiences in the past with dealer service.....Best of luck with them this time...hope it goes better....

Old 07-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Other Sheep

Blue, somebody on the touring forum said that swapping the brake pads, inside for outside, made his brake squeel go away. Someone else mentioned that was the fix harley said was needed for the squeel. Dont know if itll work on all of them or yours but it might be worth a try.
&nbsp\\;
Going to change them out with a better brand...they really are not that bad but are worse in rain and snow. (wait not supposed to ride in snow )
Thanks or the info though.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
57springer57
Road Captain

demand a refund

Old 07-08-2008, 09:20 PM
grimreaper169
Road Captain

&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
I am so lucky to have a good dealer (Palm Bay) Florida. They call me the next day after I pick up my bike and ask me if every thing went as it should. let us know how it turns out.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Bluerose

Actaully not a bad idea if they don't get it fixed tomorrow.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

Date a mechanic

Old 07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Roadjunkie1

Date a mechanic
&nbsp\\;
Sooo not the answer.&nbsp\\; Don't you know that the mechanic's wifes car is always the clunker?&nbsp\\; Just like I married a&nbsp\\;contractor and my house is the worst on the street.

Quick Reply: My service manager does not like me....