General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad experiance at Whitt' HD In Manassas VA

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
anderstj0mills
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hardhead
Maybe riding a motorcycle is not for you. If you can't handle a little wind in your face maybe a Kia would be more your style. I applaud Whitt's for not taking that windshield out of your hands and beating you with it. There is nothing wrong with the windshield. It did not perform up to your expectations. Nevertheless it still did its job. You knew that after the first time you rode it. It doesn't take 13 days to figure that out. They can't resell that windshield as new since you rode around with it for 2 weeks. I'm sure you hit a bug or two with it. Now-if they guaranteed your satisfaction with the windsheld or money back within a specified time frame, but did not deliver as promised then you may have a point. But expecting the wind to go away while riding a motorcycle is insanity. Why would you even want that?

Wow Hardhead fits. read my post it did not do its job. If a function of a product doing a job means that it causes degraded performance (buffeting and beating) the product is not doing its job. You are correct about the 13 days. I put it on a couple of days before and never got it on the highway until 13 days after the purchase most of my commuting is on back roads. So it was my fault for not looking at the 7 day policy. You are correct as far as my neglecting to become familiar with the policy. I am quite familiar with wind please read the full thread. Now let’s address your statement "take the windshield and beat me with it". Low class dude. I did nothing to incite your silly virtual personal attack so I take nothing from it. Please read the full post and you may get a better of who I am. I am a rider and a PRO road racer doubt me and I can fax you my license, 10 years of Army service in artillery, a Master Mason in good standing and usually a hell of a nice guy but I will say that no one will beat me with a windshield. You are entitled your opinion but it is unfounded and inaccurate being that you were not the one riding my bike. I’m not sure why you seem to feel compelled to defend Whitt’s poor customer service policy. Do you or a family member work there? If so I will refer you again to read the post, I did not have an issue with the folks at Whitt’s more of a problem with the policy.

Regards,
Tom

Old 08-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Pirate Boy
Tourer

Just some FYI Tom. have a 07 Dyna (streetbob). when i first put on my windshield i thought the same thing. At 60-70 MPH i could harldy see from the turbulence shaking my head so bad. I put on a 17" Memphis Shades windshield

Then i talked to some people and did some research here. I lowered my windshield . I then put on a fork bag under the headlight it seems to help . I also adjusted it forward some (tilted)
Now at highway speeds i get very little turbulence at 70ish mph

I read that a tank lift helps with the buffeting also

Good luck

Ride safe

Old 08-29-2008, 02:33 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by anderstj0mills
Wow Hardhead fits. read my post it did not do its job. If a function of a product doing a job means that it causes degraded performance (buffeting and beating) the product is not doing its job. You are correct about the 13 days. I put it on a couple of days before and never got it on the highway until 13 days after the purchase most of my commuting is on back roads. So it was my fault for not looking at the 7 day policy. You are correct as far as my neglecting to become familiar with the policy. I am quite familiar with wind please read the full thread. Now let’s address your statement "take the windshield and beat me with it". Low class dude. I did nothing to incite your silly virtual personal attack so I take nothing from it. Please read the full post and you may get a better of who I am. I am a rider and a PRO road racer doubt me and I can fax you my license, 10 years of Army service in artillery, a Master Mason in good standing and usually a hell of a nice guy but I will say that no one will beat me with a windshield. You are entitled your opinion but it is unfounded and inaccurate being that you were not the one riding my bike. I’m not sure why you seem to feel compelled to defend Whitt’s poor customer service policy. Do you or a family member work there? If so I will refer you again to read the post, I did not have an issue with the folks at Whitt’s more of a problem with the policy.

Regards,
Tom
LOL Can't you see or read that your getting your ***** busted this is some funny post lol lol lol WELLCOME to the FOURM

Last edited by carlo; 08-29-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:36 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hardhead
Maybe riding a motorcycle is not for you. If you can't handle a little wind in your face maybe a Kia would be more your style. I applaud Whitt's for not taking that windshield out of your hands and beating you with it. There is nothing wrong with the windshield. It did not perform up to your expectations. Nevertheless it still did its job. You knew that after the first time you rode it. It doesn't take 13 days to figure that out. They can't resell that windshield as new since you rode around with it for 2 weeks. I'm sure you hit a bug or two with it. Now-if they guaranteed your satisfaction with the windsheld or money back within a specified time frame, but did not deliver as promised then you may have a point. But expecting the wind to go away while riding a motorcycle is insanity. Why would you even want that?
You got this guy talking to himself lol lol lol This is some funny S*^T

Old 08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
irishviking
Cruiser

Jesus; Whitts did not create nor design the f&^%$n widshield! How can you say its their fault? Your rant title is "Bad experience at Whitt HD in Manassa Va." Honest to god all they did was sell you a windshield. The same windshield purchased by hundreds of thousands of other customers over many years of production. No one promised you any degree of perfomance level of the product. You sound like a spoiled little, however educated, (because you can use three sylable words), girl. Dude with all due respect, "put on your big girl panties and deal with it" Terry please dont ban me for backing up hardhead here.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:05 PM
anderstj0mills
Novice

Originally Posted by irishviking
Jesus; Whitts did not create nor design the f&^%$n widshield! How can you say its their fault? Your rant title is "Bad experience at Whitt HD in Manassa Va." Honest to god all they did was sell you a windshield. The same windshield purchased by hundreds of thousands of other customers over many years of production. No one promised you any degree of perfomance level of the product. You sound like a spoiled little, however educated, (because you can use three sylable words), girl. Dude with all due respect, "put on your big girl panties and deal with it" Terry please dont ban me for backing up hardhead here.

Funny!! I am realy digging this guys. Thanks for the love! RIF

Old 08-29-2008, 03:12 PM
anderstj0mills
Novice

Originally Posted by iusesearch
Just some FYI Tom. have a 07 Dyna (streetbob). when i first put on my windshield i thought the same thing. At 60-70 MPH i could harldy see from the turbulence shaking my head so bad. I put on a 17" Memphis Shades windshield

Then i talked to some people and did some research here. I lowered my windshield . I then put on a fork bag under the headlight it seems to help . I also adjusted it forward some (tilted)
Now at highway speeds i get very little turbulence at 70ish mph

I read that a tank lift helps with the buffeting also

Good luck

Ride safe
I did the tank lift and it did not do much other than change the freq of the buffiting. Thanks for the advice on the bag. Im going to try that and the lowers as soon as I can find my "big girl pants"

Best,
Tom

Old 08-29-2008, 03:17 PM
mudsnark
Advanced

I have actually found the exchange to be pretty useful, particularly since I recently purchased an FXDC from Patriot and one of the options was the detachable windshield. Who knows when the bike actually gets delivered—I have been waiting 4 weeks and have a feeling it might be another 4 weeks before I see it—but I will keep this info in mind. Thanks for sharing your experience, Tom.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:43 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

If it a problem with the windshield than it is a warranty issue. I am sure all Harley parts are warranted more than 13 days. Call you states attorney.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:49 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member

There's A thread over the Sportster section on windshield noise ect. check it out they might treat you better there LOL All kidding aside There is a thread on there now with about 12 posts on windshield buffiting.

Last edited by carlo; 08-29-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Bad experiance at Whitt' HD In Manassas VA