General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo saddlebag with true duals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:37 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Solo saddlebag with true duals?

I would like to ahve one of these solo saddlebags(manpurse) on my bike but think that the bottom of it would make contact with my exhaust on the left side as I have true duals. Does anyone have any knowledge on how to make this work with my setup? Thanks. I was thinking If I could somehow get it up a little higher it might be okay, but the swingarm moves so much with my air ride I don't know.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...spagenameZWDVW

Old 09-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have no experience with those bags, but I would say that from the image it def looks like you will run into an issue. You might be able to relocate them upwards, thus getting the clearance.

Another idea is to have a look what is out there in this style for the Heritage Softail since that softail come standard with cross over duals. I am sure someone has somewhere come up with a solution for the heritage softail. That should work on your bike as well then.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:11 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I think you mean the HEritage Springer Softail. I called Lick's and talked to the guy there. I think this idea is out for now as I like my shiny chrome pipes and don't really want black leather rubbing and melting on them. The only real option is to mod a sportster style bag and put it on the wrong side but I may still have the same problem. If anyone has first hand experien ce psot up and let me know what you did.