General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seemed like the thing to do

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Badmedicine
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scorpion07
It's a different world here in Harley-dom, great bikes and great people!
What was stated earlier - don't compare and you'll be really happy.
Congrats and welcome aboard!
Thanks for the welcome, does seem like some good people, so far nobody has ragged on me for riding a metric,LOL. I really don't have anything to compare it too, it's my first Harley!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Badmedicine
Been riding metric bikes for a long time, right now I have a Kawasaki 900 Custom, great bike, I like it alot and will be keeping it, just wish it had a little more power on the highway, stopped by the Harley dealer and sat on FXSTC, big mistake, I feel in love with it, don't know anything about Harley's really, always thought they made a nice looking bike, but thats about the extent of my knowledge of them, been lurking around this forum for awhile looking for horror stories while I was waiting to see what the metrics had instore for 2009, my only real choice in metrics was the Raider, which I really like the old school look of the Softail Custom better, so I am FINALLY going to get me a Harley, put a deposit down on a Flame blue and pewter pearl Custom yesterday! Now I just got to wait till December to get it, that will be tough. Kind of glad the metrics didn't have anything that caught my eye, I probably would have bought it instead, then I would have still been wanting a Harley!
Harley's are a different animal! I would tell you now, if at first your not impressed with the power, give it a full stage 1 treatment before making up your mind on the power.
The ride,comfort and general mistique of riding a harley will be awesome! Good luck waiting, That would drive me nuts!!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:02 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's awesome hear how people find their bikes. A few years ago I stopped by the dealership to see if they had a soda machine. The salesman said, "you don't want a Pepsi, you want a Harley." I said, "okay, give me one of those then." So much more satisfying than a cold soda.

Congrats on the bike.

Last edited by Medicfrost; 09-28-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Badmedicine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mark g
Harley's are a different animal! I would tell you now, if at first your not impressed with the power, give it a full stage 1 treatment before making up your mind on the power.
The ride,comfort and general mistique of riding a harley will be awesome! Good luck waiting, That would drive me nuts!!!!
The looks and the comfort are what sold me! It fit like a glove when I sat on it. I'm really not that much of a power junkie, the only thing I didn't like about the 900 was on the highway it reminded me of riding a leafblower! I am hoping the 6 speed will help that. The waiting sucks I'm already about 1/2 nuts.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Badmedicine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by barjbar
Welcome.
Thanks for the welcome!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:13 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

Originally Posted by Badmedicine
Been riding metric bikes for a long time, right now I have a Kawasaki 900 Custom, great bike, I like it alot and will be keeping it, just wish it had a little more power on the highway, stopped by the Harley dealer and sat on FXSTC, big mistake, I feel in love with it, don't know anything about Harley's really, always thought they made a nice looking bike, but thats about the extent of my knowledge of them, been lurking around this forum for awhile looking for horror stories while I was waiting to see what the metrics had instore for 2009, my only real choice in metrics was the Raider, which I really like the old school look of the Softail Custom better, so I am FINALLY going to get me a Harley, put a deposit down on a Flame blue and pewter pearl Custom yesterday! Now I just got to wait till December to get it, that will be tough. Kind of glad the metrics didn't have anything that caught my eye, I probably would have bought it instead, then I would have still been wanting a Harley!
Congrats and hope you get lots of miles from her!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

Originally Posted by Medicfrost
It's awesome hear how people find their bikes. A few years ago I stopped by the dealership to see if they had a soda machine. The salesman said, "you don't want a Pepsi, you want a Harley." I said, "okay, give me one of those then." So much more satisfying than a cold soda.

Congrats on the bike.
You must be my long lost twin brother. Thats along the lines how I ended up with the 1983 FLHS. I was riding a 1981 XLS Roadster/sportster and was fixing to put tons of high performance modifications w/ cams and what not to it. Anacquaintence was a salesman and I was telling him what I was gonna do. He advised that make sure its the bike you want and for a long time because you won't get your money back on mods. So I swapped her out on the 1983 FLHS and have had her ever since. Great advice too, I thought.

It coincided with the month and year my son was born May/1983. Thats why I've kept her all these years.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

You'll love it on the highway! you don't even use 6th gear til 65 or 100+ depending on how you ride!

I'm the buy and ride type, When I bought this one I rode it home from the dealer the day I found it. I had been looking for alittle while and one day just decided "It was THE DAY!"

Old 09-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Badmedicine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Medicfrost

Congrats on the bike.
Now thats funny! I think I might have had to get a soda thrown in with the deal though

Quick Reply: Seemed like the thing to do