General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seemed like the thing to do

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Badmedicine
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seemed like the thing to do

Been riding metric bikes for a long time, right now I have a Kawasaki 900 Custom, great bike, I like it alot and will be keeping it, just wish it had a little more power on the highway, stopped by the Harley dealer and sat on FXSTC, big mistake, I feel in love with it, don't know anything about Harley's really, always thought they made a nice looking bike, but thats about the extent of my knowledge of them, been lurking around this forum for awhile looking for horror stories while I was waiting to see what the metrics had instore for 2009, my only real choice in metrics was the Raider, which I really like the old school look of the Softail Custom better, so I am FINALLY going to get me a Harley, put a deposit down on a Flame blue and pewter pearl Custom yesterday! Now I just got to wait till December to get it, that will be tough. Kind of glad the metrics didn't have anything that caught my eye, I probably would have bought it instead, then I would have still been wanting a Harley!

Old 09-28-2008, 07:45 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Welcome to the fold! Just accept your new putt for what it is and don't compare it to anything else and it will become a part of you that will give you years of pleasure.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:59 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums and congrats for getting the bike you want. Hang in there on the wait, it'll be worth it

Old 09-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Badmedicine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IronAss
Welcome to the fold! Just accept your new putt for what it is and don't compare it to anything else and it will become a part of you that will give you years of pleasure.
Thanks for the welcome. Yep, bikes are kind of like women, no two exactly alike, but they are all simply marvelous in their own right!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Badmedicine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 04harleyboy
Welcome to the forums and congrats for getting the bike you want. Hang in there on the wait, it'll be worth it
Thanks for the welcome, the wait will be tough for sure, but heck I've been riding and waiting for 28 years, whats 2 1/2 months, I could do that standing on my head!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:32 PM
KingSun
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and enjoy your new ride..After 35 bikeless years (raising a family) I decided to get back riding. I was looking for a "cash bike" and was looking at metrics. They are great and with a little help from my wife I can afford to buy one in cash.. I was drooling at a boulevard. Before I made a plunge, I did some research and gooshh I can afford a HARLEY!! I got a 2000 sportster w/ 725 miles and I picked it up from the dealership as it just had the 1K service.It was not rided much and it knowing my schedules it wont be ridden much either. I bought it so I can have a piece of An American Legend to cherish and own. There are not many legendary American products anymore, ya' know. Off topic but just another example of legendary American product is the 1911 45acp. I love those and can afford to own a few and got one in a presentation case.

Congrats and have fun!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:40 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats Badmedicine, I think you'll really like your first Harley!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Badmedicine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KingSun
Welcome and enjoy your new ride..After 35 bikeless years (raising a family) I decided to get back riding. I was looking for a "cash bike" and was looking at metrics. They are great and with a little help from my wife I can afford to buy one in cash.. I was drooling at a boulevard. Before I made a plunge, I did some research and gooshh I can afford a HARLEY!! I got a 2000 sportster w/ 725 miles and I picked it up from the dealership as it just had the 1K service.It was not rided much and it knowing my schedules it wont be ridden much either. I bought it so I can have a piece of An American Legend to cherish and own. There are not many legendary American products anymore, ya' know. Off topic but just another example of legendary American product is the 1911 45acp. I love those and can afford to own a few and got one in a presentation case.

Congrats and have fun!
Thanks for the welcome, they really are a legend in their own time, congratulations on your sporty! It seems almost like there are two types of bikes, Harleys and then everything else, kind of strange, sales guy probably thought I was a little deranged, they had a black one on the floor and I was down on my back looking under it, checking it all out, I will say this, they look like a mechanical work of art, they are just magnificent looking machines, hope it serves me well. This is probably a once in a lifetime chance for me to get one.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a different world here in Harley-dom, great bikes and great people!
What was stated earlier - don't compare and you'll be really happy.
Congrats and welcome aboard!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Badmedicine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fastjoe
Congrats Badmedicine, I think you'll really like your first Harley!
Thanks! I sure hope I like it, it's a LOT of money to me, I did a lot of research before I plunked down my money, I think I'll be happy with it.

Quick Reply: Seemed like the thing to do