General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy causes accident

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 01:11 AM
Juno
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatboy causes accident

Today I was pulling up behind a guy on a Fatboy. It was during 5:00 traffic. He suddenly whips in front of a lady who was in a lane to get on the freeway. Well he startles her, she slams on her brakes and the car behind her hits her and the car behind that one, hits them. It p!ssed me off because he knew what happened and he just jumped on the freeway and took off! I stopped and waited with the lady until the cops got there. The people behind her had no idea why she suddenly stopped and I had to tell them what happened as she is getting up there in years and was somewhat shook up herself. It's a$$holes like that that give us a bad name.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:42 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Seeing more and more riding like that with all the new riders out there. I'm sure I'll catch Hell for what I'm about to say but it won't be the first time.
I'm amazed at how many accident post's I see on this Forum. I am attributing it to lack of experience by many of the riders. I haven't been to Sturgis or any other large rally in a long long time but have heard stories about how many inexperienced riders there are at them and some of the stupid and dangerous things they do on their bikes.
Just because we have vehicles that are capable of getting through small openings and making quick maneuvers doesn't in my opinion mean we have to operate that way when we are in close proximity to other vehicles and people or animals.
I haven't been able to ride allot for the last several years due to my work but I used nothing but my bikes for all my transportation for decades and although I never kept track I know I have several Hundred Thousand miles under my belt and have had only one accident when I was in my High School parking lot at 16 years of age.
Everybody needs to quit trying to be a hotshot and ride responsibly. If they want to show their *** on a scooter there are thousands of race tracks around the country that I'm sure they can use for a small fee. A fee, by the way that is allot less than a ticket or worse.
JMHFO.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:11 AM
Monochrome
Road Captain

I agree that it is not just cagers who are dicks. In the summer Yorkshire is a Mecca for riders and there are some roads I will not ride and its not because of morons in cars but ones on motorcycles. Saying that a lot of UK riders are getting the message we need to ride responsibly so you see bikes slow for 30 mile limits much more frequently than cars.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:04 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

I think you meant to say "Fatboy RIDER causes accident". Please don't make all Fatboy owners look bad.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:12 AM
kong79
Advanced

And it's only going to get worse with the number of people buying bikes to save on gas. Stupid people on powerful bikes is a bad combination.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:25 AM
Slaps
Road Master

Originally Posted by kong79
And it's only going to get worse with the number of people buying bikes to save on gas. Stupid people on powerful bikes is a bad combination.
Wonder if this trend will slow seeing as gas (as of right now) is going down. I am a perfect example of a new rider because of high gas prices but I love riding. Always wanted to but the final push was $4 gas, yesterday I paid $2.56 for super....No going back now. Too much fun and freedom.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:37 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IronAss pretty much nailed it. Know of one guy inparticular that's just getting his license, no msf course, they're for stupid people. Got himself a crotch rocket and knows it all. Looks like some sort of circus bear riding a tiny bike, big kid. Telling me what I can't do as far as manuvering my UC as well as he can. Crap, he's got a young wife and two adorable kids. I just think he's headed down the wrong road and going to end up paying a dear price.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:08 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The guy may have been riding like a dic but I'd say he was not the cause of that accident.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:14 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
Seeing more and more riding like that with all the new riders out there. I'm sure I'll catch Hell for what I'm about to say but it won't be the first time.
I'm amazed at how many accident post's I see on this Forum. I am attributing it to lack of experience by many of the riders. I haven't been to Sturgis or any other large rally in a long long time but have heard stories about how many inexperienced riders there are at them and some of the stupid and dangerous things they do on their bikes.
Just because we have vehicles that are capable of getting through small openings and making quick maneuvers doesn't in my opinion mean we have to operate that way when we are in close proximity to other vehicles and people or animals.
I haven't been able to ride allot for the last several years due to my work but I used nothing but my bikes for all my transportation for decades and although I never kept track I know I have several Hundred Thousand miles under my belt and have had only one accident when I was in my High School parking lot at 16 years of age.
Everybody needs to quit trying to be a hotshot and ride responsibly. If they want to show their *** on a scooter there are thousands of race tracks around the country that I'm sure they can use for a small fee. A fee, by the way that is allot less than a ticket or worse.
JMHFO.
I had that same thought about this forum a few weeks ago. I bet the amount of accidents here vs amount of active forum posters is very high. Just my observation.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:16 AM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ken thompson
The guy may have been riding like a dic but I'd say he was not the cause of that accident.
Yeah right!

Quick Reply: Fatboy causes accident