General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

8 dead in Canada believed to be bikers(?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:10 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 208 Likes on 129 Posts
Default 8 dead in Canada believed to be bikers(?)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060410/...odies_found_22

Wow. A lot going on these days.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:46 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
Default RE: 8 dead in Canada believed to be bikers(?)

Yeah, you said it. Keep us up if you hear anymore.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:06 AM
intruder400ex
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sucks that they have to call it a motorcycle gang and cant just call it a gang and give us all a bad rap. It sucks they probably had family they left behind.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:13 AM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Today they are saying three Bandidos have been reported missing by their familes, and the man who rented the van has not been heard from.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:48 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometime back there was a long and heated discussion about
1%er's, with a pretty wide variety of opinions.... If they were motorcycle gang members, and it sounds like they were, then the press needs to report it for what it was. Maybe it will take some of the glory out of the motorcycle gang & 1% image, and show them for what they are. It doesn't affect my image at all.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 337 Posts

Let's not jump to conclusions until the truth comes out.

I'll wait for the investigation to conclude, or more evidence, before I assume that it is a war.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:30 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Scout
Let's not jump to conclusions until the truth comes out.
I'll wait for the investigation to conclude, or more evidence, before I assume that it is a war.
Not jumping to conclusions. Didn't say it was a war. Just said that IF it is what it appears to be it needs to be reported truthfully so people can see it for what it is...

Old 04-10-2006, 11:37 AM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Isn't it interesting what people think? This morning when I arrived at work (in the car) the parking lot attendant said to me. " I guess you will have to be careful out there". I knew what she was getting at, but I said "Oh, why is that?" Then she started about the news article. I said I wasn't worried, because they were likely a different sort of people than me. We live about 20 miles from the incident.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two links -

http://www.bikernews.org/wtn/news.php

http://www.bandidosmc.com/

Old 04-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 337 Posts

The cops wrapped this one up real fast. 5 arrested. Seems the club was just cleaning house.

Five Charged in Gangland Shooting of Eight
By GREGORY BONNELL, Canadian Press

LONDON, Ont. (CP) - Five people have been arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the gangland-style shooting of eight men who were associated with or full-fledged members of the notorious Bandidos motorcycle gang, police said Monday.

Ontario Provincial Police officers sweep the area Sunday where eight bodies were found near Shedden, Ont., on Saturday. The bodies have been removed from the crime scene and await autopsies. (CP)

Ontario police Det.-Insp. Don Bell described the shootings as an "internal cleansing" within the gang and insisted there's little reason for public fear.

"I think this is an isolated incident and I wouldn't expect to see any significant fallout from it," Bell said.

"It should be noted that these men are criminals. They are not the motorcycle enthusiasts they portray themselves to be."

The eight victims, found stuffed Saturday inside several vehicles abandoned near a southwestern Ontario farmer's field, were all victims of gunshot wounds, although the cause of death has not been confirmed, said Ontario police Det.-Supt. Ross Bingley.

"The victims of this crime have been positively identified and are associated (with), or belong to, the Bandidos motorcycle gang," Bingley told a news conference, a pair of Bandidos motorcycle vests on display behind him like hunting trophies.

"This is an isolated incident with ties to the Bandidos."

Bingley confirmed that Wayne Kellestine, 56, a "full-patch" member of the gang whose home near the scene of where the bodies were found was raided Sunday by provincial police, was among those arrested and charged.

Also arrested Sunday were Eric Niessen, 45, and Kerry Morris, 56, both of Monkton, Ont., Frank Mather, 32, of Sutton-Dunwich Township, Ont., and Brett Gardner, 21, of no fixed address.

Police identified the full-patch Bandidos who were among the dead as George Jesso, 52, of Etobicoke; George Kriarakis, 28, Luis Manny Raposo, 41, and Francesco Salerajno, 43, of Toronto; John Muscedere, 48, of Chatham, Ont.; and Paul Sinopoli, 30, of Sutton, Ont.

Also killed were Jamie Flanz, 37, of Keswick, Ont., described as a "prospect" member of the gang, and Michael Trotta, 31, of Mississauga, Ont., an associate member.

The details come the day after witnesses spotted police marching a group of people, their hands in the air, out of the home of Kellestine, a former leader of the now-defunct St. Thomas Loners biker gang.

The eight bodies were all found Saturday stuffed in several abandoned vehicles, including a tow truck, on the outskirts of a farmer's field some 10 kilometres away from Kellestine's home.

The tow truck driver is one of the dead.

Elgin County, west of London, has a history of violent confrontation between rival motorcycle clubs. Several organizations, including the Loners, the Bandidos and the Hells Angels, have been known to populate the area.

In separate incidents in 1994 and 1998, the bodies of a man and a woman were found dumped in county field. Both had been beaten to death, and neither of the murders were ever solved.

In October 1999, Kellestine himself was wounded in a shootout near Highway 401, apparently the result of a rift inside one of the gangs.

The bodies, still ensconced in the vehicles they were found in, were transported Saturday under cloak of darkness to the coroner's office in Toronto, where they were undergoing autopsies Monday.

A neighbour said he commonly saw motorcycles driving up and down the street to Kellestine's home, although he experienced no problems as a result.

The four men and one woman who were charged appeared in a court in St. Thomas on Monday, but officials would provide few details.

Eight men found dead on a remote southwestern Ontario