General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new up-date Mustang seat with wrinkles

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:06 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts
Default new up-date Mustang seat with wrinkles

My original post

Default New Mustang seat with wrinkles.
I just got a new 'wide vintage Mustang seat with drivers backrest' from 'westendmotorsports.com' But it came with wrinkles in the front part of the seat. I have always had Mustang seats and they never had any wrinkles in them. my 06 seat I have right now still looks like brand new. I called the place I got it from, Mike from Westend said to send him pics of it and then he would see what he can do to help me out. I think Mustang makes very good seats, but I don't like the looks of the wrinkles in this one. I should know by the end of next week what they will do about it. I believe I seen a thread on here before and a guy had the same problem. I think Mustang did replace it, but they gave him some trouble. Has any of you seen wrinkles in Mustang seats before?
I don't have pics yet my son will do that for me this week...
.................................................. .................................................. ....................
Up-date.
This was the beginning of a long journey.
First let me say that Mike at 'westendmotorsports.com was always very nice and he even called me twice. Alex at Mustang was great too. So I sent pics to Mike then he said to send it back. Westend sent me a new one seat #2 'same problem' Mike said to send pics of the second seat, I did and he said send it back and they would send me a 3rd seat. About 2 days before the 3rd seat came Mike called me and said the new one had some very small wrinkles but was sure it would be o.k. I got the 3rd seat and it did look good enough for me, but when I pushed it up in to the tank it had more wrinkles then the first 2. Now after 3 bad seats in a row I decided to go directly to Mustang. Alex at Mustang was very nice about it. He didn't know why I got 3 Wrinkled seats in a row. He took my word for everything didn't even make me send pics. He said they would try to repair it or send me a new one. About 2 weeks later I got my 4th seat and this nightmare is over. Now I have a seat that looks good even when pushed up to the tank. I cant believe the hell I went through but it's finely over.
Now that it is over, I don't know what to say about Westend, Mike was always great to me and yet I got 3 bad seats in a row from them, very strange. Alex at Mustang was also great and he took care of the problem even though I didn't buy it directly from them.
I'm very happy with the seat Mustang sent me looks to be very high quality, and I can tell you Mustang seats has great customer service...the end 'thank God'...

Old 02-10-2009, 04:15 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts
Thumbs up 3 + Years

Had this Mustang Vintage Wide 2 Up for 3 + years seen Florida Rain and God knows what other kind of weather ... And still looks near new...

Old 02-10-2009, 04:17 PM
maddoggreene
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool-know this has been a long road for you, but am glad it finally worked out!

Old 02-10-2009, 04:34 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, thats a great story !
I too am a huge fan of Mustang seats, just got a new one for my Fat Bob for the trips I have planned coming up this spring and summer

Thanx for sharing the story with us

Old 02-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should have given seat #1 a shot of botox and called it done.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:52 PM
HammerheadC4
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a mustang seat that got the wrinkles after a couple of months.
I just called Mustang and they told me to send them the seat.
Never had a problem with the replacement seat they sent back to me.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:59 PM
jd8181
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a mustang seat on my old bike and i broke a bracket on it and i called mustang and they sent me a new one in the mail. got it really fast and were great people to deal with. so when i got my new bike it's got a mustang seat on it.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Now that it is over, I don't know what to say about Westend, Mike was always great to me and yet I got 3 bad seats in a row from them, very strange. Alex at Mustang was also great and he took care of the problem even though I didn't buy it directly from them.
I've dealt with Mike & he backs whatever he sells. I believe he drop ships the seats direct from Mustang so even though you bought 3 seats from Westend they probably came from Mustang.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:03 PM
dblkick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say that Both Mike & Alex were great dealing with the problem. Afterall, Mike has no way to pick & choose what gets sent to him & both tried to make things right. I say you scored pretty well.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:05 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Just to set the record straight, and I won't say anything bad about Westend. I got my seat from Westend because they had a Clearance Sale on all there in stock seats. So I know they did not come directly from Mustang. One time they told me how many they had in stock, it was something like 4 or 5. I never dreamed I would get to see 3 of them...