General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 03:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Issue: What is the fastest stock Harley and how does it compare to the speed of a sport bike?

Some users feel that the V-rod is faster than a 600cc sports bike, while others think the sports bike are faster. Users will break down the differences in the engine and give their opinion of which bikes are fast and why.
Print Wikipost

Fastest bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karjalahti
you seem to know may i ask how you know. something tangible. perhaps some numbers. I really cannot believe that a 600cc (sewing machine motor) could beat some big *** harley. I have seen the one guys harley bagger blowing all sorts of rice pods off the drag strip. I know it varies from rider to rider 0-60 times but what would a good riders time be.
plenty of specs on the internet. The sport bikes made by Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, BMW, etc all weigh half that of the average Harley. Add to the equation they put double and up to triple HP to the rear wheel, rev up to 15K RPM, They will out run anything related to Harley. They'll hit 70 MPH in freakin first gear.

If you're seein Harley's outrunnin these bikes on the track it's because someone knows how to race, and someone else doesn't.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:00 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,506 Likes on 2,485 Posts

Actually, the fastest stock Harley would be the Destroyer. I think that new XR Sporty would give a Rod a run for the $$.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Fnortner
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hollywood Ball
plenty of specs on the internet. The sport bikes made by Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, BMW, etc all weigh half that of the average Harley. Add to the equation they put double and up to triple HP to the rear wheel, rev up to 15K RPM, They will out run anything related to Harley. They'll hit 70 MPH in freakin first gear.

If you're seein Harley's outrunnin these bikes on the track it's because someone knows how to race, and someone else doesn't.
What that guy just said.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Scream And Fly
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either you were dreaming or they let you win. I don't think you have any idea how incredibly fast a 1-liter sportbike is, or even a 600cc for that matter.

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
I dunno, maybe the guy riding the kaw 636 did not know how to ride it, but my stock FXDSE left him like the was chained down. Since I have had my work done I went up against a CBR 1000, he left me on the start, but not once I got the engine RPM upto speed.....

But if you want fast, you are definetly in the WRONG place!!!!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Scream And Fly
Novice

I love Harleys but I also love sportbikes and the above statement is 100% correct. Harleys are not made for racing and sportbikes are not made for cruising.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:38 AM
Fred00
Road Captain

Actually, the 1000s hit over 100mph in 1st gear.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:49 AM
silverwolf79
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SportsterBob
One of my favorite arguements is to place an I-4 next to an H-D both with equal displacements with the rev limiter on both set to 3,000-RPM....!!!!
That would change things a bit !

Old 09-25-2010, 06:29 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Hope all you sportbike lovers are getting the satisfaction you need bragging about who has the fastest street bikes.For that matter Harley riders why waste your time defending your ride,you certainly do not need to.Owning a Harley means you have made it,and have nothing to prove to anyone.The smallest rice grinder could fly by the biggest Harley and would mean nothing to me,other than it would be fun to watch.As I have said in the past would push sooner my Harley before ever being seen on a humped up in the center crotch rocket.Have always enjoyed all motorcycles but crave only one.This battle that has raged forever,the older one gets the less important it becomes.So battle on!

Old 09-25-2010, 06:45 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you guys actually race these things on a track?

If not, it seems like the kind of silly discussion a 12-year-old kid would have. Where I ride, the speed limits run from 25 to 70 and while I usually ride a little over the limit, I'm not going to go out and race sport bikes on the street like some little kid with a toy, so what diffference would it make which is faster? MY XL 1200 will do 70-80 just as easy as any of your sportbikes.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 AM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fxdwg_rugby
But not the new Buel...
New Buell?

Quick Reply: Fastest bike