General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What happened after your OL took a beginner's motorcycle riding course?
She did GREAT ! In fact, she loves riding her bike more than riding me !
66.67%
She did average. I have to threaten witholding the checkbook to get her to ride with me.
3.17%
Eh. She passed the course, but decided ultimately that she likes being a passenger more.
17.46%
Poor. She didn't pass, and would rather knit a sweater than ride.
12.70%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

What happened after your OL took a beginner's motorcycle riding course?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Thornhammer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmac89
Interesting O\L is taking the Riders Edge class first weekend in May.
Same here, I'm excited. She is, too.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:29 AM
kmac89
Tourer
Talking

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
Eery parallels. First weekend in May (We had 38* and snow squalls so bad, they had to stop the riders as they couldn't see them on the course.)
She likewise cancelled many times, BUT several of the other wives rode, so she kept thinkin' 'bout it.
She had tried a Suzuki 650, TOO tall, and she dropped it numerous times, now SKEERED.
She passed the course, I traded a Honda crashed for a 2005 Suzuki 250. The two were inseperable. She LOVES riding.
ONLY ONE prob. After she learned, got a scoot, she TOOK OFF with some scruffy biker dude, ain't seen her since. J/K

Actually, she did MARVELOUS with her first full year. So, here's her Christmas present. She's been out on it a few times already, now, and haven't seen her that excited, since she saw me drop my drawers when she first met me.

Nice bike,my girls going to do fine,got her the rebel and had her riding on the front lawn trying to get the feel for the clutch,she got that down pretty good then she went about 20 feet on her own and the smile on her face is a look I won't soon forget,what a great feeling to pass this on to someone else,was worried for a while that she was only doing this to make me happy but now I know she really wants this for herself and she can always ride next to me or on the back of the Glide as long as she's with me I'll be happy

Old 04-17-2009, 10:32 AM
fxdsegrl
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I took the course and passed in April of 2000. I bought an 883 the next month and by August my husband made me ride it to Sturgis with him from the west coast of Canada. He didnt have to twist my arm as I felt very confident and he is a great teacher.

In 2002 I traded to a Low Rider and now an FXDSE. Thousands of miles later, including two more trips to Sturgis I am proud to say that many of my friends have joined me and am truly thankful that I made that first trip to Sturgis that first summer. You know what I mean

Thats what happens when you let your OL take the course.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 AM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

The scariest day in my riding life came last June when my Ol woke up one Saturday morning and told me she wanted to learn to ride. So I reluctantly took her out to the College parking lot and her her take the Dyna for a spin. She didnt drop it, and that took a load off my mind. She then proceeds to tell me she's already taken the DMV written test, and enrolled herself in a MSF course. Class started in a week. Obviously, she was way ahead of me on this.

She failed the first attempt, and was a little bummed about it. She was determines to pass, and to prove it to me she went down and bought a brand new sporty as motivation. She passed the second time around.

Now her car just sits in the driveway collecting dust. The only time it gets driven now is when her twin girls come home from college. Mom hasnt been the same since...

Old 04-17-2009, 10:43 AM
NitroShark
Road Captain

My wife took the MSF class back in January and did great. In fact, she wass the only person in her class that got a perfect score on the riding test. Since she was the only woman in the class the guys in it were shocked and it made her love it even more. I bought her a new 09 FXDC and she's been riding the wheels off of it ever since. She's actually going to ride it when we go to Laughlin next week.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Whoad00d
Tourer

i tought her how to ride on my street bob, before i deployed to iraq for my second time i made sure she took the msf course and passed she did average passed no problem. i came home on R&R and she told me that the street bob was hers and that i need to get a new bike so its not all bad i ended up with on 08 Crossbones 8*).

Old 04-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife passed with flying colors...but decided she liked being a passenger better!
She appreciates my riding skills a lot more... and is quick to point out all of the Yahoos who think they know what they are doing!

Old 04-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

my wife is taking the course this summer.

i wonder if i will let her ride my hog...

Old 04-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Redleg by God!
Cruiser

My wife enjoyed it and now has her own 1200XL she made into a mini-bagger. She logs seat time every day that it does not rain and is eyeing a new dyna. It's great to ride with her.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Slowpoke84
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cheesecake
She appreciates my riding skills a lot more...
Yep. My wife became a much better passenger after taking the course. Now she understands why I do things the way I do when riding.

Quick Reply: What happened after your OL took a beginner's motorcycle riding course?