General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Peace Officer Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Michael in Oregon
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Peace Officer Special Edition

As some of you know, I was planning on buying the Ultra Classic seeing how I would be able to buy under the above title. I'm a Correctional Officer and most companies look at this as law enforcement. I do not have Peace Officer status however. According to a co-worker, he was given this courtesy though. Perhaps this can change from dealer to dealer? Was wondering if anyone you you might be able to help with this? TIX

Old 05-06-2006, 12:50 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HD Peace Officer Special Edition

Well,........ I believe that you have to have arrest powers to get the special peace officers edition and have your Peace Officers ID, but never can tell what a dealer might do for enough $$$.

John

Old 05-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Michael in Oregon
Advanced

That's what he asked, if I could arrest someone? I told him no, but that a co-worker was able to get the deal. Perhaps I can brib him you say? NOT! Not me, I'll go back to the original plan and put together a RK of some sort..??

Old 05-06-2006, 01:46 AM
zombie
Banned

Bah, just tell him citizen's arrest...but what do I know.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:51 AM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: zombie

Bah, just tell him citizen's arrest...but what do I know.

thats some funny **** right there!!!!

Old 05-06-2006, 03:15 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's my impression that you have to be a sworn officer, with arrest powers, to get the Peace Officer Bike.

Old 05-06-2006, 05:37 AM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

LIE , you won't go to hell for that one , all they can do is say no , move on to the next dealer . Not sure what the LEO Edition is exactly but you could most likely purchase the special covers and other pieces as accessories .

Dan

Old 05-06-2006, 05:45 AM
zombie
Banned

From the HD site:

"Harley-Davidson® Peace Officer Special Edition motorcycles are offered only to current, or retired, law enforcement officers. Officers must verify current (or retired) employment, name of agency, rank and badge number (requires photocopy of police I.D.). "

HD Special Editions

Doesn't say anything about arresting powers or anything else...just law enforcement. Never been LOE or Department of Corrections so I don't know where the lines are blurred and where they're clear.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:35 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I had to furnish my retired ID card, information about my department, and it all had to be verified before I got the go ahead to place the order. I don't remember for sure what else was involved, but I did sign a paper saying that I would not sell the bike for 1 year. If you do not have Peace Officer status, I would guess that you are not eligible.

It has been over a year now, so I am planning to sell mine to my wife, who currently rides a Heritage, but wants a dresser, and get another one.

Regards,

Bill

Old 05-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Michael in Oregon
Advanced

ORIGINAL: billnourse

I had to furnish my retired ID card, information about my department, and it all had to be verified before I got the go ahead to place the order. I don't remember for sure what else was involved, but I did sign a paper saying that I would not sell the bike for 1 year. If you do not have Peace Officer status, I would guess that you are not eligible.

It has been over a year now, so I am planning to sell mine to my wife, who currently rides a Heritage, but wants a dresser, and get another one.

Regards,

Bill
I signed a contract that said I would not sell with in a year as well. The contract has you pick the bike of your choice and color. Also wants your departments ID and badge numbers. I gave them my dept. # and certificate # (BPSST).

Quick Reply: HD Peace Officer Special Edition