General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F***ed up day!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Hang
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To preface in the interest of full disclosure. I am one of those "ricer types", I ride a "rice rocket" and do indeed own some power rangerish gear and I just had to comment.

I was actually in my own "ricer" forum a little while ago defending you guys. There was a typical "Why are harley riders such douche bags" thread going ahead full throttle and me a few others were posting the same thing we always do. "Not all hd riders are d-bags, there's just as many d-bags riding sportbikes, all depends on the person, not the bike" etc, etc. The consensus was in our favor.

Thank you very much for completely screwing our arguements straight to hell. Along comes a poster with "hey, you don't think they are d-bags? go check out this thread". Linking to here, yay. You singlehandidly screwed our entire arguement straight to hell and managed to swing the views of a bunch of people who were on the fence into now disliking harley riders. Good Job. You are a credit to your kind. Of course the level headed posters in this thread are overlooked in favor of the a-typical hd d-bag comments, too bad really, some intelligent people and posts here.

Whatever happened to, It doesn't matter what you ride, but THAT you ride. We all take the same risks from the same ignorant cagers, we all ride on two wheels (some faster than others ). And we all love our bikes.

Oh, as long as I'm here. Telling us to get "real bikes" while your riding around on something with two to three times our weight, half our horsepower and none of our performance? Yeah, that doesn't really bother us. Oh, and the term is "sportbike rider", anything with "ricer" in it is generally considered insulting.

There is absolutely nothing in this thread that any of you have posted about us, that I haven't seen posted somewhere about you, and just as often.

You know, many is the time I've slowed while passing a hd to admire it's lines or the sound of it's exhaust. Some of them are beautiful bikes, they remind me of when I was a kid with a lawn full of harleys, playing with the bikers. They were good guys, if a little rough around the edges.

However, CoolBreeze, if I had done that to you, slowed and got closer to admire your bike and you'd have pulled a gun, then proceeded to follow me and harassed me at a gas station I stopped at? Well suffice to say your bad **** *** would have gotten the **** kicked out of it. You were armed? Who cares. You think hd riders are the only ones who carry while they ride? Aside from myself I know at least three other local "ricers" who carry. Only pansies flash a gun at a bunch of kids messing with them. Eventually your going to try that with the wrong guy, and then guess what happens.

Anyways, a big hello from "ricer land". Take it easy guys and gals and keep the shiny side up. See ya around.

Last edited by Hang; 08-10-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hang
To preface in the interest of full disclosure. I am one of those "ricer types", I ride a "rice rocket" and do indeed own some power rangerish gear and I just had to comment.

I was actually in my own "ricer" forum a little while ago defending you guys. There was a typical "Why are harley riders such douche bags" thread going ahead full throttle and me a few others were posting the same thing we always do. "Not all hd riders are d-bags, there's just as many d-bags riding sportbikes, all depends on the person, not the bike" etc, etc. The consensus was in our favor.

Thank you very much for completely screwing our arguements straight to hell. Along comes a poster with "hey, you don't think they are d-bags? go check out this thread". Linking to here, yay. You singlehandidly screwed our entire arguement straight to hell and managed to swing the views of a bunch of people who were on the fence into now disliking harley riders. Good Job. You are a credit to your kind. Of course the level headed posters in this thread are overlooked in favor of the a-typical hd d-bag comments, too bad really, some intelligent people and posts here.

Whatever happened to, It doesn't matter what you ride, but THAT you ride. We all take the same risks from the same ignorant cagers, we all ride on two wheels (some faster than others ). And we all love our bikes.

Oh, as long as I'm here. Telling us to get "real bikes" while your riding around on something with two to three times our weight, half our horsepower and none of our performance? Yeah, that doesn't really bother us. Oh, and the term is "sportbike rider", anything with "ricer" in it is generally considered insulting.

There is absolutely nothing in this thread that any of you have posted about us, that I haven't seen posted somewhere about you, and just as often.

You know, many is the time I've slowed while passing a hd to admire it's lines or the sound of it's exhaust. Some of them are beautiful bikes, they remind me of when I was a kid with a lawn full of harleys, playing with the bikers. They were good guys, if a little rough around the edges.

However, CoolBreeze, if I had done that to you, slowed and got closer to admire your bike and you'd have pulled a gun, then proceeded to follow me and harassed me at a gas station I stopped at? Well suffice to say your bad **** *** would have gotten the **** kicked out of it. You were armed? Who cares. You think hd riders are the only ones who carry while they ride? Aside from myself I know at least three other local "ricers" who carry. Only pansies flash a gun at a bunch of kids messing with them. Eventually your going to try that with the wrong guy, and then guess what happens.

Anyways, a big hello from "ricer land". Take it easy guys and gals and keep the shiny side up. See ya around.
Wow.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Hang, several of us here have more than one type of bike. There are current threads related to such. I understand your frustration with some of the posts on this thread. It is one of the things we do as humans: talk about others. I liken it to different branches of the military. We talk a little trash behind closed doors about who is better but ultimately we all are servicemen who come together for our common cause. Ultimately, we are all motorcycle enthusiasts and need to remember that sometimes. Thank you for stopping by and posting a mostly rational thread giving us another perspective we may not have otherwise considered.

That being said, I do not think the sportbike riders were just wanting a closer at his Harley. But he may have misinterpreted their intentions. Based on what he interpreted I agree completely with his actions. Regardless on what you would have done if someone approached you, your fellow sportbike rider cowarded in the face of adversity. His fear was probably due to his age / inexperience and not the type of bike he rides.

Keep the rubber side down.

Last edited by Shaved Ice; 08-10-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:23 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Now this was a thread. Hard to imagine we have to shoot someone to get their attention. LoL

Old 08-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Hang, so you didn't like the way he reacted?To bad.For every action there's a reaction.You and your buddies don't want trouble don't make the stupid moves to begin with.Coolbreeze was reacting to dumb ***'s doin something stupid that they thought was funny.They initiated the whole thing.And making threats like you did that's real stupid.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:36 AM
House
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your day. It's tough when you just want to enjoy the ride and have to deal with the whole surviving thing.

And Oh, the "Ricer vs Hardley" debate...again... Let me see if I got this right:

All sportbike riders are highly skilled, respectful, informed and upstanding citizens who ride for the love of it. They choose their bikes because they are mechanically superior on all levels, and not solely on the strength of excellent marketing campaigns.

All Harley riders are poser RUBs who choose inferior machines in an effort to draw attention away from their tiny johnsons. They all wear chaps, fingerless gloves, sleeveless vests, half-shells and do-rags because that is what Harley Davidson tells them to do. The motorcycles themselves haven't changed since 1938, and that is fine because they are stored in garages or trailers for 360 days out of the year.

All sportbike riders are immature 20-somethings who purchase based on whatever the highest speed production bike happens to be. They believe doing a wheelie down the interestate makes people "ooh" and "ahh." They also firmly believe that doing a stoppie in a Safeway parking lot will attract hot chicks. Passing other riders in the same lane, not using turn signals, splitting lanes and texting are all part of the daily joy ride.

All Harley riders are motorcycle enthusiasts, and appreciate anyone who decides to make riding their passion, regardless of make and model. These people choose Harleys because they have soul, sound and are lathered with nostalgic appeal. They won't just stop for you if you're stranded, but they'll give you a place to lay your head and rebuild your engine while the OL is serving you a hot meal!

Pick two or write your own! Generalizations R Fun.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gecko 45, is that you?

Old 08-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by House
All Harley riders are motorcycle enthusiasts, and appreciate anyone who decides to make riding their passion, regardless of make and model. These people choose Harleys because they have soul, sound and are lathered with nostalgic appeal. They won't just stop for you if you're stranded, but they'll give you a place to lay your head and rebuild your engine while the OL is serving you a hot meal!
Ya had me until the part about my OL and a hot meal. That's an oxy-moron in this house...