General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Warrior Leather Jacket vs. Bad Lander Leather Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 04:56 PM
grayTshirt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Road Warrior Leather Jacket vs. Bad Lander Leather Jacket

Alright, let me first say that I know a lot of you have already said you would rather buy a jacket that is made in the US, and I respect that, however I've been looking for a very long time and have narrowed my search down to the two jackets mentioned in the Title. (Harley Road Warrior Leather Jacket and the Harley Badlander Leather Jacket) I'm looking for anyone who has any experience with these jackets and would recommend them or not recommend them based on their experience. I've searched for both of these jackets on this site and only found one other thread pertaining to the Leather Road Warrior, but there weren't many responses.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:03 PM
pottsy
Road Master

I prefer the Road Warrior. Just my opinion though, I have no experience with either.

However, if you were a "real biker" you would kill a cow and make your own jacket. Just saying. ;-)

Old 08-17-2009, 05:11 PM
aimhard
Cruiser

I have the Road Warrior. It has lots of vents and pockets. The only compaint I have is on the hooded vest liner. If its cool enough for the liner I want sleeves. Overall though i"m happy with it.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:16 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Road Warrior also. My only complaint is that even with the shoulder vents closed, it tends to bubble up in the wind around that area.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:22 PM
grayTshirt
Cruiser

Thanks for the responses all. I was curious about the vest insert on the Road Warrior and how functional it would be in the colder weather. I like the appearance of the Road Warrior a little better, but the Bad Lander has a full hooded sweat shirt inside instead of the vest insert and the same inside pocket layout and it has the velcro straps on the sides that allow you to adjust the waist size. They both seem like great jackets to me. Aside from the front vent and the vest are there any other negatives for the Road Warrior?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:24 PM
grayTshirt
Cruiser

Originally Posted by pottsy
I prefer the Road Warrior. Just my opinion though, I have no experience with either.

However, if you were a "real biker" you would kill a cow and make your own jacket. Just saying. ;-)
I'll keep that in mind, I may go cruise around and see if there are any cows near by...

Old 08-21-2009, 06:52 PM
TAWoody
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude! The Badlander has removable sleeves! That means sleeveless leather awesomeness! Get that one.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:33 PM
grayTshirt
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TAWoody
Dude! The Badlander has removable sleeves! That means sleeveless leather awesomeness! Get that one.
Solid advise man. I visited the local stealer three times this week looking at the two jackets and comparing them. I ended up getting the Badlander from St. Paul HD for 419.00 with free shipping and no tax. This jacket is really nice and I'm super stoked about having it. What it all boiled down to in the end is my need for having an adjustable waist. My chest is 42 inches and my waist is 31 inches, so the Road Warrior, although it looked great on the hanger, looked more like a gown than a motorcycle jacket on me.

The Badlander has a really nice zip out hoodie that secures nicely inside the jacket in many different places to keep it from shifting around when putting it on and taking it off. I'm not sure how often, if at all, I will actually zip off the sleeves, but it is a really cool feature. I went for my first ride today with the jacket and I'm digging it. I will get a chance to break it in next Friday when I ride to Ft. Bragg from KY. Again, thanks to all that responded and I really think you cant go wrong with either jacket.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:49 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

I don't mean to rain on your thread, but if you are going to shell out that kind of money, go with a Fox Creek jacket - better quality, functionality, they are made in USA AND they have a LIFETIME GUARANTEE on their products. I know this probably wasn't what you were looking for, but believe me, if you take my advice, you'll thank me for it later. If that HD jacket breaks or comes apart after 30 days, you'll be SOL, but if an FC jacket breaks or comes apart they will fix it for free for as long as you own it. Read some of the crash testimonials on their website, as well. Fox Creek - great products, great people. www.foxcreekleather.com

Old 08-22-2009, 07:00 PM
grayTshirt
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
I don't mean to rain on your thread, but if you are going to shell out that kind of money, go with a Fox Creek jacket - better quality, functionality, they are made in USA AND they have a LIFETIME GUARANTEE on their products. I know this probably wasn't what you were looking for, but believe me, if you take my advice, you'll thank me for it later. If that HD jacket breaks or comes apart after 30 days, you'll be SOL, but if an FC jacket breaks or comes apart they will fix it for free for as long as you own it. Read some of the crash testimonials on their website, as well. Fox Creek - great products, great people. www.foxcreekleather.com
You're not raining on my thread, as a matter of fact I addressed this with my first sentence in this thread. I do not like any of the fox creek leathers, nothing personal, I just do not like them. I narrowed my search down to two jackets, and chose the jacket that best suited my needs. To each his own though, thanks for sharing your experience...

Quick Reply: Road Warrior Leather Jacket vs. Bad Lander Leather Jacket