General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contacting CEO - Anyone know?...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:26 PM
redling36
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a legitimate concern and can get to the CEO then why not? I wish you luck. I had trouble with Sprint and my assistant kept calling everybody possible until she got to the CEO, he referred her down and not only did my trouble get resolved quickly but I was given substantial credits for my trouble.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:30 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,117 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Such a MYSTERY!

Old 10-21-2009, 02:35 PM
ffdharley3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RCB
Just go to Milwaukee in person.
That's exactly what Michael Moore would do, and make sure you film it.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:45 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just Write Him a letter. I aint being a wise azz but. How and why would any one here know the CEO of HD. If he was a personal buddy or relative I would not give that info out to a stranger let alone a friend who would not say why he needs to contact him personaly. SORRY

Old 10-21-2009, 03:34 PM
TideRKC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by osirisdean
no offense intended, but unless youve owned a business that's traded on NASDAQ or something, the comparison of your self-owned business to HD is a bit farfetched. HD is a gigantor company, and i dont think the CEO (or his immediate subordinates) is going to worry himself about one customer unless the issue is serious enough to spawn a recall. and since youre determined to cause as little collateral damage as possible (noble of you), mister CEO will be even less motivated to care than if you were making some noise. :/

That’s not necessarily true. I personally know someone that was having problems with a Fortune 500 company and simply called the CEOs office. One of the CEO’s Vice Presidents called him back and ended up solving his problem within 24 hours. When something lands on your desk from the CEO’s office it gets done.

I wouldn’t recommend making this your first step as laying out the steps that you have taken up to that point is going to provide you some credibility.

I’ve heard (although not first hand) of people simply calling the CEOs office late in the evening or early in the morning and having the CEO answer the phone themselves. Although most would like to believe that CEOs of Fortune 500 companies spend their time in an ivory tower counting their money, they are usually the first ones in and the last to leave.

Worst case is he is back to where he is now.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:06 PM
DD4life
Advanced

just write a letter to the CEO, listed on HD's website.
Mail it to the 3700 juneau Milwaukee address.
It probably won't do you any good.
I wrote him in the past and never got a response.
HD really doesn't much care about individuals just my 2cents

Old 10-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 113 Posts

Give us some generic background on the issue you're having and we'll be your sounding board on how best to resolve it. No reason why you can't provide some generic info, without naming names.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:44 PM
BlackRob
Tourer

Most of the people you will encounter going up the chain of command are gate keepers who will do everything in their power to keep you from taking your problem higher and making them look bad.

Here is something you can try to reach the CEO. Find out Harley's e-mail extension, for example @harley.davidson.com or whatever it may be by looking at the contact e-mail on the web site. Then start plugging in the CEO's name before it in as many variations as you can think of like james.l.ziemer@harley.davidson.com or zeimerj@harley.com and so forth and cc each one of them. If you are lucky you just might hit his personal mail box and he will pass it on to someone who will make you happy and get you off his radar screen.

If all else fails spend some time on google looking up the companies contact info.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Plow64
Give us some generic background on the issue you're having and we'll be your sounding board on how best to resolve it. No reason why you can't provide some generic info, without naming names.
100% right on the info. You never know Harley's CEO may be a member of the Forums

Old 10-21-2009, 05:26 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dunno what your problem is cause you aint willign to eleborate but i can tell you your likely not going to get the outcome you forsee by going straight to the CEO. unless your buying hundreds of bikes at a time, or are a major stock holder the CEO actually has little to do with small scale problems or discrepencies. 1 guy wit ha problem with 1 bike is defintly not o nthe radar unless its a safety problem that will affect ALL bikes HD puts out * think firestone tires on ford explorer's type of problem*

Quick Reply: Contacting CEO - Anyone know?...