General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contacting CEO - Anyone know?...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:06 AM
John Bernard
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contacting CEO - Anyone know?...

I have some big issues going on with a 2010 bike I have ordered and I need to go up the chain to try and get the problem solved. I'd like to give Harley Motor Company a chance to resolve this before airing my dirty laundry. Anyone know how to contact the CEO's office directly?

Fow now I don't want to go into detail, because I think that Harley will fix the problem if the right people are made aware of it. I have been told that someone is going to call me today, but so far I have been getting the run around. If they call and give me a concrete solution that is reasonable, I will close this thread and be done with it. For now though, I would like to have contact information for someone with enough clout to get things moving in the right direction.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:13 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going straight to the CEO is not going up the chain...
Good luck with straightening it out.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:20 AM
sandsucker
Tourer

I have a 2010 on order.
You have to let us know what's going on.
At least a hint.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:52 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Just my $.02, but trying to take a problem directly to the CEO of a company as large as HD is probably not going to get you far. You would be better served to find out who is the Director of Quality or Warranty and set your sights on those guys. When you talk to them, though, it is best if you have exhausted all other avenues, otherwise they are likely to refer you back to those people, after all, it is their job and they are expected to do it. You need to start out like everyone else and if you are not getting satisfaction, ask them what the next level of escalation is and go there next. Chances are you will never reach a level even as high as the Director unless you have some earth shattering problem that might result in a recall or safety issue. Above all else, STAY CALM, document the time of the calls, who you talked to and any other pertinent notes. They're doing the same on their end, you want to make sure you have the same info on record in case of disagreements.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 604 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Just my $.02, but trying to take a problem directly to the CEO of a company as large as HD is probably not going to get you far.
Yep The CEO is probably on vacation..

Old 10-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Maimas
Road Warrior

I work at my company's corp headquaters, and I can tell you, CEO's dont give 2 ***** about anyone other than the major share holders. Good luck getting your problem fixed, but youre taking the wrong path.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:02 AM
doorsidedown
Road Captain

you'll have to convince him to take his attention away from counting his bonus for a few minutes.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:04 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

It's very difficult to find this information. It's a process which involves going to the Harley-Davidson web site (www.harleydavidson.com - oddly enough), and clicking on "Contact Us", which then leads you to the following information;

To contact the Motor Company directly, please write:
Harley-Davidson Customer Service
3700 W. Juneau Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53208
To speak with a Harley-Davidson customer service representative call (414) 343-4056.

The CEO is James L. Ziemer

Contrary to some of the responses here, a letter to the CEO is an extremely effective way of solving a problem with a company. Not that the CEO would normally respond, but, generally, they get the info to the right people and tell them to handle it immediately. It moves you way up the priority ladder.

One problem you run in to with Harley-Davidson is the stores are not company owned, so HD is limited in what they can or can not tell the dealer to do in responding to your complaint.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Is this post for real? The CEO is suppose to running his company strategically. He employs competent people to run the business.

If you can be more specific this is a troll post.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:19 AM
RCB
Road Warrior

Just go to Milwaukee in person.

Quick Reply: Contacting CEO - Anyone know?...