General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contacting CEO - Anyone know?...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:07 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,105 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by jgsmithjr
Let's cut him a little slack. Sounds like a young guy that still feels like the world owes him something. We've all been there at one time or another. He will grow old soon enough and wise up to the ways things really are and what to expect. And, who doesn't get overly anxious when getting a new Harley.
Ain't it the truth!!

Old 10-28-2009, 10:59 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Your B^tch is with the dealer. That is who you handed your bikes over to. The dealer buys from MOCO the resels to you.

Personally that was real BS that they changed the parameters mid stream. I would have stayed with original agreement when the bike comes in you get the other bike, that is what was agreed. I don't get attached to a new bike until it is in my garage. And always willing to walk up to that point. And I make that clear with the dealer.

Need help with the intall buy a manal

Old 10-28-2009, 11:20 AM
RoofDude
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jgsmithjr
Let's cut him a little slack. Sounds like a young guy that still feels like the world owes him something. We've all been there at one time or another. He will grow old soon enough and wise up to the ways things really are and what to expect. And, who doesn't get overly anxious when getting a new Harley.
Good assessment...!

I've bought 3 new Harleys, & 1 new Big Dog. 2 of which were ordered. Never picked any of em up, on the first date I was told. That's life. Typically those dates are estimates, in a perfect world. Probably does happen in some scenarios but, I would guess it is rare. Just my two cents but, certainly doesnt seem to me like a CEO warranted fix. Patience and understanding goes a long way in life.....

Old 10-28-2009, 12:17 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Picking the bike up on the expected date is one issue, but the dealer took TWO bikes from the OP. How would the dealer had handled it if the OP said "Yeah, I'll bring the bike by tomorrow" - then didn't. So they call him and he says "I have to check... maybe I can get it to you by next Friday" - then he didn't. That would be a whole different ball game, wouldn't it?

Once they had his bikes, they had less incentive to work very hard in getting his new bike delivered. They were saying "We don't know you so we don't trust you so you have to give us both your bikes before we will get your new bike here. You'll just have to trust us on that."

Perhaps the better thing for him to have done at that point would have been to respond in kind. "You're right, you don't know me & have no reason to trust I will buy this new bike. I'll give you both my bikes. Likewise, I don't know you and have no reason to trust you, so, until my bike arrives, I'll need you to give me one of your bikes."

Old 10-28-2009, 07:48 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by EasternSP
After buying my RG over three years ago, I found that the Jiffystand would collect dirt and grease on the bottom side and wouldn't release it despite numerous attempts with the garden hose. I contacted the CEO and he came to my house and cleaned the grease off with his personal handkerchief.

I'm still on the waiting list for him to come to my house and replace a turn signal bulb...and I TELL ya, I'm getting just a LITTLE bit put out...I haven't been able to turn left for over 2 years now...

Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bet you a nickel the CEOs mail is opened and read by his executive assistant. She/he will pass it to him maybe or more than likely someone else.