General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contacting CEO - Anyone know?...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 03:52 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's my thoughts, short and sweet, like anyone cares.

Delivery - Wasn't that bad, **** happens. Ever order a new car that isn't in stock? Delivery dates are usually just estimates of time, not a firm commitment.

Install help - Totally unrealistic, it's what they are in business to do and you're trying to take away from their business. Now, if you want to chat with a tech at their hourly rate, they can probably arrange that.

My suggestion is you get past this quickly or you will never be happy with the bike or the MOCO.

Last edited by frog13; 10-27-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:36 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh brother.... LOL.....

Old 10-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by John Bernard
My latest situation is trying to install a set of passing lights with relocated turn signals on my new bike. The wiring is now internal on the new Fat Boys, and it is tied together with the switches, etc. I phoned Harley to ask them if there is an easier way to separate the wires without having to take the handlebars out, pull the entire harness out, re-fish the wires through, etc. They asked me what dealer is doing the install, and I told them I was doing it myself. They said that they only have the resources to advise the dealers with install problems, but not the owners. I said "Are you kidding me? I just spent $20.000.00 on a new bike, and another $400.00 on an accessory, and I can't even speak to someone that I bought the bike and product from about an installation question"???
Unbelievable!
Anyway, thanks again for the helpful responses that were posted on this thread.
Come on, that's a totally unrealistic expectation on your part. If it had been your car, would you expect Ford, Chevy, BMW, etc to talk you through how to do after market modifications on their vehicles? Why would they take away work from their dealership network?

Old 10-27-2009, 05:26 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,469 Likes on 898 Posts

I knew this story was just getting started. Personal installation instructions direct from the Moco? Oh my! Did you ever think of asking the dealer you bought the parts from?

Old 10-27-2009, 05:26 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Install help? I don't think so.Glad you finally got the bike though.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Late Bloomer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on your new bike. Glad you finally got it. Pretty sure no one died can't we just move on??

Old 10-27-2009, 07:32 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I see some have their popcorn out.....I'll supply the cheese.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:30 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by wescoot2
I see some have their popcorn out.....I'll supply the cheese.
Let's save some for the CEO...he's just one of us, hanging around HDF on a Tues night...

Old 10-27-2009, 08:39 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,027 Likes on 8,291 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
Let's save some for the CEO...he's just one of us, hanging around HDF on a Tues night...
Naw...He's on his 300' ship in St. Thomas singing, buy more chrome, buy more chrome..

Old 10-27-2009, 09:19 PM
John Bernard
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll make this short, since I only wrote my last post because I promised a few on here that I would. Those of you that feel that this is good service, to each his/her own. Personally I feel that if I pay money for any product, and am promised a delivery date, than the selling party should make sure it happens. If something beyond their control happens, or even it someone made a human error, than the delivery date can be moved forward. But to promise a date (not an entimated date), and have it moved again, and again, and again, and again, and again, is unacceptable. If it is, than I'll sell you something and take your money, and delay you for... lets see, a year? Why not?... with the way that some of you see it, in theory it could happen and we're all supposed to just roll over and take it. And if they would have simply given me a date, even if it were weeks later than they initially told me, I would have been fine with that. But I am not fine with making preparations for a delivered motorcycle, and making plans for someone to take time to take me to the dealer, and have that date moved again and again, without any explanation and without being able to talk to anyone directly involved with the process of the promised delivery dates, is unacceptable service. If that is okay with you guys, than be my guest and bend over like the sheep that you are. I don't mean to be a jerk, but I posted this thread to ask for some help. With the rude responses that I got from some of you, I have to wonder if Harley doesn't plant some people on these sites to keep the negative comments in check.

As for the light kit, I was looking to ask a simple question or two, not keep someone on the phone while they step by step walk me through the install. My belief is that if I pay $400.00 for anything, than I have every right in the world to call the company that makes it and ask a simple question or two about the install.

I'm done with this thread. Thanks again to those that tried to be helpful.

Quick Reply: Contacting CEO - Anyone know?...