General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contacting CEO - Anyone know?...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
CarbideDude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could anyone provide the cell phone number for President Obama? I have noticed some of the military personnel taking overly long lunches at our local cafeteria. I pay tons of money in taxes which pays the salaries of those persons, and I wish they would get on back to the base and do some productive work. We have lots of problems in the world today that I feel they need to be working on, and I feel I have the right to talk it over with Barack and see if he can get them back to work in a timely fashion.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:50 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,027 Likes on 8,291 Posts

Hell. Even I found the #. Google is your friend!! It's 1-800-pay-more.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, if you paid $20K for a freakin FFE Fatboy you've got bigger complaints with the CEO than being a week late on shipping. The MoCo normally sells the LE and FF SE bikes at dang near cost. So your complaint should be you got Robbed!! LMAO

BTW, you kidding that those 2 things were really your complaint to the CEO, right?

Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 PM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe you should buy a Honda. You have got to be kidding me. First off, Harley shops are individually owned. For example my local Harley shop has to buy the bikes from harley and then they are shipped to him and put for sale on the floor. Everything is out of the shops control and once they are in the shop, the MOCO could care less. They are simply manufacturing the bikes bottom line.

Second so you had to wait a few broken deadlines. Back when i ordered a 100th anniversary bike, i had to wait 6 months and broken deadlines to get it. back then i could not just walk into the local dealer and pick a bike, I didn't call CEO's i dealt with it. Local Mechanics here are getting laid off and their hours cut back, there is no way the company is going to walk you through installing stuff on your bike.

We all trash talk on the forums that is what makes it a good time on here. Don't take it all personal and get your panties in a bunch, you just need to learn thats not the way it operates with Harley. And it is harder to get the police and and fire bikes on time, they are special ordered and you save 1000 bucks so you really can't bitch

Old 10-27-2009, 11:14 PM
harleygeezer
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's cut him a little slack. Sounds like a young guy that still feels like the world owes him something. We've all been there at one time or another. He will grow old soon enough and wise up to the ways things really are and what to expect. And, who doesn't get overly anxious when getting a new Harley.

Last edited by harleygeezer; 10-27-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:48 AM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by John Bernard
Thanks again for all of the replies to this thread. Yes, this was about numerous failures on Harley's part to deliver my bike on any of the four times that they promised that I would have it. Since I finally do have it in my possession, I feel a little safer about sharing more details of the situation. In a nutshell, I was told by the dealer that they found a firefighter special edition bike exactly like I was looking for already built and ready to ship. They said that the original owner pulled out of the purchase contract, so the bike became available to the first qualified buyer. I was trading in two bikes, both of which they wanted to see before they put my name on the new firefighter Fat Boy. Understandable. First I brought my Honda in, left it there, signed the papers, and promised to bring my other Harley in the next day. However, I told them that I would not be leaving my old Harley until my new bike came in, because I wanted to take some things off of it and restore it back to stock. They said no problem.

The next day they call me and say that they need me to bring my Harley in and leave it. They also said they cannot secure the new Fat Boy into my name until they have both bikes, and that the new one was ready to ship and should be there by mid week if we get this done today. So I brought my Harley in and left it, and was expecting to get a call around Wednesday at the latest saying that my Fat Boy was in.

Wednesday came, no call. So I phoned the dealer, and they said that the delivery date was changed until Friday... no explanation as to why. Friday came, and no call. I phoned and was told that the bike would be here on Monday or Tuesday of next week, and they could call me when it arrives. Tuesday comes, no call. I phone the dealer and for the third time ask to speak to the people that are directly involved in shipping my bike. They said they cannot give that information. I then phone customer service, and get the same run around. Eventually CS tells me that they got ahold of the woman who is in charge of the police and firefighter bikes, and she said that she has made the shipping of my bike a top priority. She told CS that she was going to do her best to get the bike shipped out that day, and would call the dealer by the end of the day to confirm. I phoned the dealer and they said there was no call. The next day I phoned customer service and insisted that somebody give me an actual date that my bike will for sure be here. They phoned the woman, and she told them that she promises that the bike will be shipped out SOMETIME NEXT WEEK. I asked how I was supposed to believe this, when she has already failed on every promise that had been made to me the last three times. I insisted on talking to this woman directly, or her supervisor, but was again refused. I also asked how any company can take a customer's money, promise a delivery date on multiple occasions, reneg on the promises, and not even give me a live person to speak to that has the power to make sure that they will get the product into their hands.

Customer Service then talks to the woman again and is told that they loaded my bike onto the truck, but could not say when the truck would actually leave to make the delivery. She said she would call the dealer as soon as it does, and they anticipated that would be the same day (Wednesday) or Thursday at the latest. By Thursday I hadn't heard from the dealer, so I phoned them on Friday. They checked the computer and found out that the bike had been shipped and was actually only about a half hour away, but the bike was routed to be dropped off at another dealer three hours away. The bike would then need to be shipped from there to my dealer, which would mean more delay. The dealer was successful at getting them to drop off the bike at their present location, and the dealer drove out there to pick it up and bring it back here where I could pick it up. I picked it up the next day.

The point of this whole thing is that Harley really needs to be more accountable to their customers. They take their money and make promises that they do not follow through on, and do not seem to care that this is bad business or that the customer is not going to just lie down and take it. I can honestly say that I have never seen such a major corporation operate this way, and am amazed at how they can continue to do so year after year. I love their product, but don't they realize that service is half of the reason for a business's success?

My latest situation is trying to install a set of passing lights with relocated turn signals on my new bike. The wiring is now internal on the new Fat Boys, and it is tied together with the switches, etc. I phoned Harley to ask them if there is an easier way to separate the wires without having to take the handlebars out, pull the entire harness out, re-fish the wires through, etc. They asked me what dealer is doing the install, and I told them I was doing it myself. They said that they only have the resources to advise the dealers with install problems, but not the owners. I said "Are you kidding me? I just spent $20.000.00 on a new bike, and another $400.00 on an accessory, and I can't even speak to someone that I bought the bike and product from about an installation question"???

Unbelievable!

Anyway, thanks again for the helpful responses that were posted on this thread.
err - really?! Doesn't sound so bad. You do realize there's a lot of bikes being delivered on a daily basis right - and you were just one of the anxious customers waiting for their ride. I'm still waiting for my bike (Ultra Limited). Dealer told me they had a sure thing on a dealer exchange and I'd have it in less than a week. Next day, after putting down $1000, they told me the exchange had fallen thru and I was now looking at 4 to 5 weeks. I could have pulled out of the deal I guess but a year from now will I care? Not really. I also figure there's no point being known as a jerk at the dealership. I might actually need them somewhere down the road.

Last edited by davessworks; 10-28-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:38 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

move along, nuthin' to see here

Old 10-28-2009, 07:47 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 22,885 Likes on 8,728 Posts

After buying my RG over three years ago, I found that the Jiffystand would collect dirt and grease on the bottom side and wouldn't release it despite numerous attempts with the garden hose. I contacted the CEO and he came to my house and cleaned the grease off with his personal handkerchief.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:05 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jgsmithjr
Let's cut him a little slack. Sounds like a young guy that still feels like the world owes him something. We've all been there at one time or another. He will grow old soon enough and wise up to the ways things really are and what to expect. And, who doesn't get overly anxious when getting a new Harley.

+1 on that one...When we were young we only made fools of ourselves in front of a few people...Today we can do it in front of the whole world on the internet...But at least there is a keybord for some to hide behind while they are doing it.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 AM
POPS87FXR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by frog13
Here's my thoughts, short and sweet, like anyone cares.

Delivery - Wasn't that bad, **** happens. Ever order a new car that isn't in stock? Delivery dates are usually just estimates of time, not a firm commitment.

Install help - Totally unrealistic, it's what they are in business to do and you're trying to take away from their business. Now, if you want to chat with a tech at their hourly rate, they can probably arrange that.

My suggestion is you get past this quickly or you will never be happy with the bike or the MOCO.

Thank you!

I don't know what the OP's previous experiance has been with either HD or honda,
But what he has experianced is not an end of the world thing.

As to the dealer wanting both bikes, to secure a FF bike you have to have a completed deal as they are a special purchase bike, and the dealer has to submit all details to the MOCO for the bike to be alloted, the dealer cannot just order FF's or Shriner bikes as part of thier regular order, wich BTW are only done a couple of times before and during the model year.

Also the prices are set on the FF's and Shrine bikes, so I question what he say's he paid unless he had the Dealer do a lot of upgrades prior to delivery (at the dealership, not from HD)

Quick Reply: Contacting CEO - Anyone know?...