General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The One Time I Am GLAD I Didn't Ride My Bike to Work

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:40 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I can relate..the other day I go out for a ride and right in front of me a young girl rear ends a pick up truck at a stop light, now if I didn't kiss the wife good bye or perhaps made the last light or a multitude of other thing I may not be typing this today...who knows maybe the Guardian Bell really works

Old 11-24-2009, 09:28 AM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm different than most bikers I observe in this situation. I'm always "off" the throttle, scanning all escape routes, assuming just what happened to you is about to take place.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am one of those people that think everything happens for a reason. Luckily for you, you didn't realize it at the time you took your truck. You won't have to find out if the bike would have stopped quicker. Glad everything worked out OK.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:36 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

it's the nature of the cosmos man...how many times can you look back and say "one second earlier/one second later..." it's really a head trip when you try to think about it.

no sense dwelling on what would have been/could have been...just glad you're ok..

i was driving one day and some ***** comes into my lane without looking and i kid you not puts me up on the sidewalk...how i didnt hit a tree or fence or person walking i dont know but i followed the dude into a parking lot (he still "didn't see me" as i tailgated him for about a half mile) pulled him out of his car and had him by the throat up against his driver's door letting him know what i thought in no uncertain terms..

i NEVER get out of my car to do this chit but i had to let this guy know.

anyway, i digress, stay safe out there whether on 2 wheels or 4

Old 11-24-2009, 10:13 AM
bennenrkc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I guess I echo what everybody else says about glad your ok.
Lets just hope that you and everyone that reads this including myself remembers that there are always idiots out there and it is our job not theres to look out for them becuase clearly they cant do it themselves.

Drive safe whether 2 or four wheels on wherever your travels take you especially this thanksgiving.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So yeah, I'm kinda glad I wasn't on my bike tonight. But then again, I keep asking myself what would have happened if I was riding it? Could the bike have stopped shorter than the F150?? IDK.
To look for a positive aspect, if you were on your bike you might not have been to that intersection yet, or might have passed it sooner. At least with my case, I don't ride the bike as casual as I do the car. But that is just me.

Either way, I'm glad everyone was okay.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:36 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,105 Likes on 1,025 Posts

The problem that I have with all of this is that the kid was, "reading something" ! ....WTH is that all about anyway?

Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a friend who is a firefighter and a month ago he told me that story about a kid who bumped into another car that was in front of him (he really hit the other car very hard). When my friend arrived there, he saw the kid who was checking and stuff and he kept looking at something in his hand. My friend came closer and he saw him texting...this ****ing morron was texting while driving and this is why he had a car accident....

IF if if if if......I could talk about IF during hours. One day I was driving my car at night in a city and I wasn't sure I thought I saw lights coming from my left...and I don't know why I stopped at the intersection and this car came SO FAST I could barely see it and almost hit me......I don't know why I stopped, like an intuition or something. If I wouldn't have stopped at that moment......IF I wouldn't have passed through this orange light, IF I would have taken this road instead of this one where 3 cars just crashed....IF I let my friend driving that night I wouldn't be here....etc etc....

I'm glad your ok tho! lol