General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HOG Rally Proposed for N. Myrtle Beach

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:12 PM
jdallenemtp
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For 11 years we made the trip to Myrtle Beach both spring and fall. We dumped a ton of money into their economy. Last year we made the trip south to Panama City Beach, we were very impressed. The folks there all welcomed bikers, kinda felt like the old Myrtle Beach, this rally is growing and will become one of the bigger rallys at this pace.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:48 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Myrtle Beach, and any HOG group that supports them, can KMA. There's too many other biker friendly places that appreciate the $$$ we bring to their communities. I wouldn't risk the chance that any money spent in North Myrtle Beach might spill to the south.

I may be old, but I still have loooong term memory.

Last edited by cHarley; 12-10-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:58 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Does this surprise anyone really???Aren't these the same people who hired ELTON JOHN as the headliner for the 100th concert in Milwaukee...

Old 12-10-2009, 06:14 PM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is another example of how Harley Davidson Executives are not listening to Harley Davidson Buyers. Apparently they have forgotten the business axiom, “sell what people want to buy".

All bikers were insulted by Myrtle Beach, threatened by their citizens, politicians & police, & told not to return. Since we are such good citizens, the vast majority Harley Davidson Buyers agreed never to spend their money Myrtle Beach. There are other roads to ride.

We know “North” Myrtle Beach is still same social community & market that snubbed us before their tourist economy withered.

Now, instead of supporting us, does Corporate Headquarters really plan to sell us a vacation in Myrtle Beach?

Is their marketing department that good?

Old 12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
rockhard69
Road Captain

They tried their best to kick us out of there, so SCREW THEM, I will spend my money somewhere else.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
CTRoadKing
Tourer

So I tried to put a comment and link to the article out on the Harley Davidson MOCO Facebook fan site, and it was out there for about a minute before is mysteriously disappeared.... that's what I call a hell of an American company

Old 12-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

North Myrtle Beach is a different local government from Myrtle Beach. They want the rally and you dont need a helmet to ride in North Myrtle Beach. They even have maps of the routs to get to Merles Inlet for the other biker bars and stuff there. Just stay the hell out of Myrtle Beach (City Limits) and everything will be good. They lost a good thing there.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:45 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

**** MB and all their anti-motorcycle crowd in power there. I have to agree with Harley Joe, MB made their bed now lay in it. Maybe they can start a bicycle rally instead.

Originally Posted by Harley Joe
I only live 2 hours from Myrtle Beach and have ridden down there several times in the past just to eat lunch and visit a few stores and come home with the "crowd" I led down there. We always spent a few dollars and were never a drain on their municipal services (never needed the police, fire or rescue). There were also times we rented rooms and stayed a while - so every visit wasn't always a day trip.

We ALL found other places to go. It really wasn't that big an issue anyway. BTW, none of us are HOG members.

Let's let Myrtle Beach wallow in their victory (and losses) as a sure-fire indication to other towns that may be trying to decide to follow the anti-biker trend.
I'm aware that this proposed rally site is in North Myrtle Beach and not in Myrtle Beach - but I'm not taking a chance on crossing some boundary line!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 06:48 PM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

North Myrtle Beach may be a different local government from Myrtle Beach, but it is the same economy. They will allow us Riffraff on the north side of the tracks, but will arrest us if we try to mix with the better folks. It's like we can spend money in the company store, but stay away from the country club. Fk'em.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by skratch
HOG should not do this, imo. myrtle showed us they didn't want bikers, so we should reciprocate and let them have what they want.

we can always find somewhere else that doesn't mind a little 'horseplay' for a huge boost in their economy.
This is just the beginning of a long sells job to the city fathers and town folk. With everything I have read Myrtle Beach don't like you damn loud motorcyclist. They even used a local, no motorcyclist involved, murder as evidence to keep you out.

I agree with some here that have already stated, Why go where you are not wanted.

Fort Lauderdale still misses the Spring Breakers since they took the same position.

Quick Reply: New HOG Rally Proposed for N. Myrtle Beach