General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do your kids like your bike??

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 01:59 PM
meathead1134
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do your kids like your bike??

Like the title says do your kids like your bike?? My son Patrick is obsessed with my sportster and he is not even 2 years old yet. He has been around my bike since he was born. I can fire it up with him beside it and he smiles from ear to ear. Whenever we are outside and I open my garage he runs over to my bike says vroom vroom and pats the front fender. I have let him sit on it several times. The funny thing is I have never pushed it upon him. I'm a firm believer that he will figure out what he likes instead of forcing it on him. My wife even smiles and sees him so happy when he watches me leave on my bike. Hell my wife even told me that every time he hears a harley outside he runs to the front window and says "Dad Dad"? We went to Moms south near Patriot Place the other day with the wife and Patrick was in absolute awe with all the 4 wheelers and bikes. He even climed upon a 50cc 4 wheeler by himself turned on the ignition and pretended to ride it. We got all dressed up and went to Walmart and PJ noticed a Harley blanket throw and again vroom vroom. So I bought it for him put it under the Christmas tree. Well PJ looked at it Vroom Vroom picked it up brought it to his room and now a Flaming Harley throw lines a 1 year old bed. Sorry for the rant and yes he has a few HD shirts.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:11 PM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first announced to my family that Dad was buying a MC, It didn't go over to well. The kids thought Dad was going to kill himself and it didn't help when my mother-in-law called me a donor. My wife was supportive, but I could see the concern in her eyes every time I launched out of the driveway.

When I brought it home, my son didn't seem to be all that interested. He was 15. I think deep in his head he was afraid I was going to meet with a terrible accident just like we see and hear each year on the news. Then last year I convinced him to take a ride with me, promising to keep to the back roads to be sure no one saw him (he figures guys shouldn't ride with other guys) ...anyway, he loved it and that was the turning point. My wife finally jumped on and loves it. My daughter loves it when I give her a ride to her friends house (she's 14) and now the bike seems to be a major part of the family. I'm waiting for the day my son wants to get his license and ask to take it for a burn......I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for that!

Old 12-31-2009, 02:21 PM
ImNoPrince
Road Captain

I had a few street bike and was racing Motorcross when my kid was about 2 , all she wanted to do was get on the Bikes. Things around here were getting bad as far as traffic and being ran off the road and the Motorcross was getting more restricted so I sold them all and started racing JetSkis.

Now that she is 16 I just picked up another Bike , she has been begging to go for a ride so I took her out a few weeks ago before our 24inch Snowstorm. It was about 4 degrees with no windscreen and she couldn't get enough. We were out for about an Hour and when we got back she said she wanted to get a Bike and take the Riders course .

But there is no way she's riding My New2me Harley , she better get her own lol.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:26 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

yep, he loves it (as seen in this pic)

Old 12-31-2009, 02:33 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

My son has rode my Heritage several times and loves it on trips... when I take the shield and rear seat and backrest off he likes the looks of it .. wouldn't trade His NT in yet but a few more yrs he may have two in his garage...

Attached Thumbnails Do your kids like your bike??-dsc00266.jpg  

Last edited by oct1949; 12-31-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:40 PM
turn8a
Road Captain

I have 2 sons they have grown up around motorcycles both started to ride on pw50's around 5 years old.Since they have discovered girls they could not care a less about motorcycles.It has probably been 1.5 years since they been on a bike .

Old 12-31-2009, 02:55 PM
sullyboo
Cruiser

I have a daughter and a son-in-law and both say they like it a lot or atleast they respect me enough not to tell me they don't. But every chance I give my son-in-law he will ride it.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Robmitch49
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell No, They thought they would get the money when I died!

Old 12-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Minnesota FXDF
Cruiser

I have two boys, now 10 and 12. They both like the the bike and like to go for a ride. Both of them also like to ride dirt bikes, ATVs and snowmobiles.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Seascape
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have a 10 and 12 year old boys. They will both ride all day and ask for more. Its my favorite riding. I wish they could go w/ me more.

Quick Reply: Do your kids like your bike??