General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:53 AM
jimmie d wad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive had a hf jack for close to 10 years.bought mine back when they were $109.bought my dad one.uncle bought a craftsman narrow version dropped his sporty off of that bought a hf one.my dad stores his bagger on his.and there is a project sitting on mine constantley for last 6 years.never had a problem.a bike might have fallen off mine but what can you expect when your doing all sorts of work on it and dont strap it down.i got the bracket for the other bikes with my jack.all iwould suggest is to buy the wide rather than narrow version of any jack.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:17 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

lol I have the sears yellow pos it may be a good jack for other bikes but not for a dyna IMHO. I put my fxdc up on it and the jack was all crooked, yes i have try everthing Harley adapter blocks ,2x4's stapping it down. I the type of guy who willtry and make it work, but not in this case. I will not be starting a thread about how my bike fell off the jack LOL

Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 AM
RicMF
Tourer

I recall reading about somebody with a Harbor Freight jack and a Dyna who unbolted the top rails of the jack and bolted them back on on the outside edges (to widen the lift rails), and now says it fits a Dyna much better and doesn't require adapters. Anyone try this?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:26 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

My HF jack works fine so far. I have to use the Dyna blocks. As for tie downs, I'd use them on *any* jack.

I also got the HF bike dolly on sale for cheap. I keep the bike in front of my wife's car when I'm not riding it every day. The dolly makes it easy to move the bike around the garage.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:07 AM
rob_will
Tourer

yup I have the same yellow Jack.

I love it and you really can't beat the price.

Plus now I have extra $$$ for some more, useless stuff that makes me happy, parts for my bike!!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 226 Posts
Default HF on ebay

I bought mine off ebay and paid $29 plus shipping but can't remember what shipping was but not that bad. That was 3 yrs ago and it is now holding up my Ultra classic and I use it without straps and tow my bike around and push it into the corner so the Duramax can get back inside. I remove the handle so my truck won't hit it when I pull in. I get close, shut off the engine put in neutral, grap the bumper and push until I get about 1" from the bike and then go put it in park, remove the key. Can't wait until I get a sidewalk around to the walk out basement or until it dries up a lot. Anyway it works for me.

Attached Thumbnails Harbor Freight Lift-dscn1812.jpg  
Old 03-04-2010, 11:46 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you guys mentioned requiring adapters for Dynas... any issues with sportsters? (07 nightster, specifically.)

Old 03-04-2010, 02:06 PM
jb1023
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cwl
Sorry to get off subject, but I too just bought the HF Lift. I have a Dyna....what spacers do I need? Apparently I didn't do my homework
This is the method I use, works great.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-adapters.html

Old 03-04-2010, 02:31 PM
goo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if good enough wasn't good enough it wouldn't be good enough
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29251424@N00/4395779300/

Old 03-04-2010, 02:49 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never used tie downs with my HF jack. I've even run the bike on it for short periods of about a minute or so. The bottle jacks are cheap pos's and will go bad eventually. If left in high humidity they will rust very easily. But, they are also cheap to replace. My shop is so cluttered, I've barely got room to work on the bike. So, if it ever does fall off, it won't go far! Yep, I know this all first hand!

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Lift