General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sundowner seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:46 PM
exiledcarper
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sundowner seat

I'm thinking about a sundowner bucket seat for my Deuce, but reluctant to order it without seeing it on the bike. The local dealership, where I bought my bike, don't carry the seat in stock for the Deuce and tell me that if they get one in and I don't like it, then a 20% re-stock fee will apply.
So, any one got any good pics of a Deuce with the Sundowner seat fitted? I currently have what I believe to be the Exotic seat (came on the bike), which has next to no padding for Mrs. Exiled on the pillion. That in mind, plus my somewhat achy old lower back, I would like to change seats.
I did speak to one Deuce owner, with the standard seat and his old lady apparently complains about the standard seat after a few miles. I would like to take a trip or two this year, but don't want to add something that might be butt ugly on the bike.
So, how about some pics folks? Thanks.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 PM
SuperJoe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your PM's. You will have a message.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:28 PM
SuperJoe
Cruiser

Old 03-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master
Cool

Originally Posted by exiledcarper
I'm thinking about a sundowner bucket seat for my Deuce, but reluctant to order it without seeing it on the bike. The local dealership, where I bought my bike, don't carry the seat in stock for the Deuce and tell me that if they get one in and I don't like it, then a 20% re-stock fee will apply.
So, any one got any good pics of a Deuce with the Sundowner seat fitted? I currently have what I believe to be the Exotic seat (came on the bike), which has next to no padding for Mrs. Exiled on the pillion. That in mind, plus my somewhat achy old lower back, I would like to change seats.
I did speak to one Deuce owner, with the standard seat and his old lady apparently complains about the standard seat after a few miles. I would like to take a trip or two this year, but don't want to add something that might be butt ugly on the bike.
So, how about some pics folks? Thanks.
Don' have any pic's w/ the Sundowner on mine, but have the seat......I like the stock seat on mine better for ME.....however.....Sundowner is more comfortable for a passenger because of the wider rear pillion....looks kinda "fugly" on mine IMO

Old 03-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SuperJoe

Excellent ride!!!!! (not sure why I like it !)

Old 03-07-2010, 09:42 PM
SuperJoe
Cruiser

Thanks. I see you'll agree with me that this is the best lookin bike Harley has ever made. I actually have traded it in on a Streetglide but I miss it dearly and will have another some day.

and one w/ the stock seat for comparison. I actually thought the sundowner looked pretty good for a touring seat but I swapped the stock one back on when it was just me.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

Sorry ta hear the Deuce is no longer in the stable, but congrats on the SG....obviously the hot'est model the MoCo sells these days....ponder'd over an SESG myself a few weeks back.....just could'n bring myself to part with this one for it, and I agree....think the Deuce is the best look'n bike in it's class HD has ever had,specially the CVO....why they ever gave this model up for the Rocker is beyond me, no offense Rocker dudes, just my .....again, congrats on the new ride!!

Old 03-08-2010, 07:14 PM
SuperJoe
Cruiser

You should have a PM exiled

Old 03-08-2010, 07:41 PM
2deuce
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might I suggest that you consider the Mustang Wide Vintage. Mine is now on it's 2nd Deuce for a total of 55k. I have now problem doing a 700 mile day on it. If you look closely, you'll notice quite a bit of back support without using an additional support. Don't know how your back is but I have a fractured L5 - S1

Attached Thumbnails Sundowner seat-denny-s-harley-006a.jpg  
Old 03-08-2010, 10:14 PM
eisterd
Road Captain

I'm also considering a sundowner. can't find one to look at though. gonna go to the swap meet in charlotte in acouple weeks and hopefully see one. I know it will change the look drastically but i'm tired of a sore rear!

Quick Reply: Sundowner seat