General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little justice

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:16 AM
medic2931
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A little justice

Still not enough as he can get out in 28 years but it's better than some stories on here.

http://www.app.com/article/20100617/...demand-justice

Old 06-18-2010, 08:59 AM
JayinPA
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I agree, he should have gotten life. He's been driving drunk and on a suspended license for years, getting caught and receiving nothing more than a slap on the wrist. While he may have not intended to kill somebody, he knowingly put many lives at risk by committing these crimes repeatedly. He ran from police, killed somebody. It's murder and he should have received a much stiffer sentence.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Bobby H
Cruiser

Why is it that all of these people have a "long" criminal history yet they are still walking the streets until they finally kill someone? History of DUI, revoked license and still a threat to society yet the courts allow them to enjoy the freedoms of everyone who respects our laws. We are so screwed, the offenders have all the rights and the law abiding citizen gets what? "I'm sorry" just don't cut it, the guy should have been put away a long time ago and forced to go through rehab and monitored until he proved he was responsible enough to enjoy the liberties available to us. What a tragedy.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:40 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bobby H
Why is it that all of these people have a "long" criminal history yet they are still walking the streets until they finally kill someone? History of DUI, revoked license and still a threat to society yet the courts allow them to enjoy the freedoms of everyone who respects our laws. We are so screwed, the offenders have all the rights and the law abiding citizen gets what? "I'm sorry" just don't cut it, the guy should have been put away a long time ago and forced to go through rehab and monitored until he proved he was responsible enough to enjoy the liberties available to us. What a tragedy.
I will tell you exactly why.... Because the Liberals think it's ok to give someone a light sentence or let someone out of prison early because he hasn't committed a "violent crime" against others.

It is my opinion that distracted or impaired driving should have an automatic sentence enhancement tacked to it just like a "hate crime" does. Something that automatically doubles any sentence that is handed out and enhances any charges against the person that has committed the crime.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ftanner
I will tell you exactly why.... Because the Liberals think it's ok to give someone a light sentence or let someone out of prison early because he hasn't committed a "violent crime" against others.

It is my opinion that distracted or impaired driving should have an automatic sentence enhancement tacked to it just like a "hate crime" does. Something that automatically doubles any sentence that is handed out and enhances any charges against the person that has committed the crime.
Exactly. Not only that, let's not forget the old "victim of society" defense either. It's bullshit and needs to stop.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:58 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

Well, at least we are safer by one less drunk driver, for now.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:26 PM
TFTCAR
Road Captain
Cool

This ruling should be forwarded to the judge in Wacko Texas.