General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Throttle

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 05:26 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

;-) !!

Last edited by zeus33; 11-27-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:28 PM
kickstart51
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I camp right on main street at a private house. The ladys name was Magin. It was maybe 1 block from where they block off the street for motorcycle parking only. She charged us $20 a night. She was great, Had coffee going in the morning. Had alot of fun just sitting on the front porch wathing the show of bikes go by. I highly recomend camping there for at least 1 night if you are gonna go down on main street. She is walking distance to everything on main street

Old 11-26-2010, 05:43 PM
drfeelgood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The show could be could if there wasn't so much scripted drama. They should just focus on the "good" that goes on at that bar, instead of fabricating all of this fake drama.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been to the Full Throttle once and it was enough. I watch the show if it is on while I am flipping through the stations. It seems every episode is the same, he is whining about going broke and/or not being able to make his note payment. Hell, when I was there the beer was $8.00 a can and there were tons of people happy to pay that.

The owner also seems to be kind of a hypocrite, he does not like drinking or tattoos but he is happy to charge others for them.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:04 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good time at the FTS, but,

The booze prices killed us, couldn't stay and drink to long as it took to much $$$$$$,

Old 11-26-2010, 06:11 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man you guys are crazy to put up with all that stuff, big deal on t.v. for 8 seconds if that is a high point in your life you lneed to get one

Old 11-26-2010, 06:17 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

So true Bob, just something to listen to while I am being productive here on teh HDFORUM hehe. But you are right.

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
man you guys are crazy to put up with all that stuff, big deal on t.v. for 8 seconds if that is a high point in your life you lneed to get one

Old 11-26-2010, 08:33 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclonecutting
Been to the Full Throttle once and it was enough. I watch the show if it is on while I am flipping through the stations. It seems every episode is the same, he is whining about going broke and/or not being able to make his note payment. Hell, when I was there the beer was $8.00 a can and there were tons of people happy to pay that.

The owner also seems to be kind of a hypocrite, he does not like drinking or tattoos but he is happy to charge others for them.
I'm with ya, he was even "suprised" that the barmaids were stealing from him; the same ones he hired the week before. Yeah, the ones that went to Sturgis to make money...just like him. Like you said, tons of people more than willing to pay 8.00+ for a can of domestic beer, and who knows how much the merchandise is and how much he sells in two weeks time.

The guy was whining with stacks of cash in his office....

Old 11-26-2010, 10:00 PM
WrenchinRider
Tourer
Received 97 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Fts

I've been there a few times in earlier years and had a good time. The beer prices weren't cheap,but not any higher than the rest of town. This year, walked in ordered 2 Buds. The bartender opened two cans and said SIXTEEN DOLLARS. We turned and left the beer sitting there. Went and talked to a gal that was working one of the vendor sites inside the bar. She said she had heard others complain that the beer prices fluctuated with which bartender you ordered from. One bartender ,when asked about the prices,said "Yea you should definately go across the street.The beers cheaper and better entertainment." We left.

Last edited by WrenchinRider; 11-26-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:37 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
I'm with ya, he was even "suprised" that the barmaids were stealing from him; the same ones he hired the week before. Yeah, the ones that went to Sturgis to make money...just like him. Like you said, tons of people more than willing to pay 8.00+ for a can of domestic beer, and who knows how much the merchandise is and how much he sells in two weeks time.

The guy was whining with stacks of cash in his office....

Yes, those bartenders go to Sturgis to make money. But, if they steal, they deserve to go to jail like any other criminal. I'm sure those girls make a LOT of money just in tips. They don't have to get greedy and steal.

I do agree that charging 8 bucks for a beer is ridiculous. Do all the bars in and around Sturgis gouge people like that on beer prices, or is it just the Full Throttle? I've never been to Sturgis, but I hope to someday.

Quick Reply: Full Throttle