General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help near Fort Benning Ga

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:36 PM
doyle2325
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help near Fort Benning Ga

My sisters son is entering boot camp May 17th and graduating July 21st from Fort Benning. I would like to fly to Georgia from Michigan rent a bike and be there when he graduates. I'm looking for a dealer that would rent bikes in the area, thinking that I might have to fly into Atlanta but not sure. I don't know that area at all and any help would be appreciated.

Doyle

Last edited by doyle2325; 02-14-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: misprint
Old 02-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Panthers65
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Atlanta Harley is on the West Side of Atlanta, I've never rented from them but they are a huge outfit and know several people who have bought from them. Should be a good bet.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:44 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Call Christene at Earl Smalls HD in Marietta, GA. It's about 25 or 30 miles from the airport.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:50 AM
artz
Road Master

Try Chattahochee H-D in Columbus. They might rent harleys. I have not checked.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:56 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is a road trip an option?

Old 02-15-2011, 01:12 AM
MoparBob
Cruiser

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

There are no rentals at Chattahoochee Harley. If you want to rent a Harley, Atlanta is your best bet. Just Google "Harley rental Atlanta" and you will find several options.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:08 AM
D_Train67
Novice

Can't help you with the bike rental but it should be nice and hot and humid down at Benning in July. Make sure you know the regs to be able to ride on post, if you plan on riding your bike onto the installation. If I recall, Ft. Benning has some pretty strict standards for motorcyclists. In addition to your helmet and eye pro, you'll need at least a long sleeve shirt, long pants, over the ankle boots, and either a high-visibility belt worn diagonally across your body or a high-visibility vest, and full-fingered gloves. Make sure you have your MC license on you. Most installations will also require an MSF card if your bike does not have a DOD registration. You can contact the Provost Marshal on Ft. Benning and they can give you more info.

ATW!
Ed

Old 02-15-2011, 03:26 AM
garand
Road Master

Originally Posted by D_Train67
Can't help you with the bike rental but it should be nice and hot and humid down at Benning in July. Make sure you know the regs to be able to ride on post, if you plan on riding your bike onto the installation. If I recall, Ft. Benning has some pretty strict standards for motorcyclists. In addition to your helmet and eye pro, you'll need at least a long sleeve shirt, long pants, over the ankle boots, and either a high-visibility belt worn diagonally across your body or a high-visibility vest, and full-fingered gloves. Make sure you have your MC license on you. Most installations will also require an MSF card if your bike does not have a DOD registration. You can contact the Provost Marshal on Ft. Benning and they can give you more info.

ATW!
Ed

I can't believe I didn't think of that. D_Train just brought up a good point. I don't think any Army installations will allow military or civilians to operate a motorcycle on base without an MSF card. The only acception is when the MSF course is on base and they allow you to enter with your MSF course enrollement paperwork in hand in order to attend the class on your bike. Don't expect them to exercise common sense. Just because you rode 800miles to attend a ceremony on base doesn't mean they'll allow you to enter on two wheels.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:34 AM
garand
Road Master

Call the Fort Benning Provost Marsha's Office: 706-545-5222/5223. I'd ask them prior to arriving on two wheels.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:43 AM
doyle2325
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you all for the info, calling Provost Marshal tomorrow, wish I could do a road trip but work is getting in the way. If I have to rent a car so be it don't want to miss his graduation.

Quick Reply: Help near Fort Benning Ga