General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG magazine

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

The magazine is not outright bad, as there are occasionally a couple of nice articles. What bothers me the most is that it usually reads like one long advertisement, which in reality, it is.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:43 PM
wiltat2
Tourer

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm a HOG member, but I don't ride with the local chapter, except for the annual toy run.

Back in the 90's when I first joined HOG and rode a few rides with them they would stop at bars, and being a recovering alcoholic that just was not where I needed to be. Not that there is a thing wrong with having a drink or two, but with a broken drinker I don't stop at bars, even if they have food.

I think there are some good and bad in most things, including HOG, and this and other forums.

And I've been riding motorcycles since 67 and Harleys exclusively since 73.

And I think the pages of HOG Magazine are a little to slick for me to want to use it for something else while in the toilet.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 616 Likes on 385 Posts

I like Girl Scout cookies, especially Thin Mints. The Girl Scouts visit me every year. My HOG Magazine issues stopped coming when the free HOG membership that came with my bike expired. I saw some nice MILFs in HOG Magazine. MILFs like Girl Scout cookies, too.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

mmmmmmmmmmmmm............thin mints

Old 02-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by drbillk
+1 on the magazine... although, sometimes I get tired of reading about the guy that waited until he had cancer before he bought a Harley... or the wife that rode her deceased husband's scoot into the mountains to spread his ashes.
Oh, there you go! Talk about the elephant in the room...

Old 02-25-2011, 06:11 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wiltat2
I'm a HOG member, but I don't ride with the local chapter, except for the annual toy run.

Back in the 90's when I first joined HOG and rode a few rides with them they would stop at bars, and being a recovering alcoholic that just was not where I needed to be. Not that there is a thing wrong with having a drink or two, but with a broken drinker I don't stop at bars, even if they have food.
I don't know about back then, but alcohol isn't allowed during any HOG rides here - I thought that was a national HOG rule. If they are going to a place where members may want to drink, they have to have the sanctioned ride end there and everybody goes home separately, because there's no drinking until the ride is over.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:13 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
The magazine is not outright bad, as there are occasionally a couple of nice articles. What bothers me the most is that it usually reads like one long advertisement, which in reality, it is.
So is the HOG organization - it exists to promote HD. That's no a secret and nobody ever claimed it was independant. Same with GSSF and Glock - heck they created a whol competition sport to promote their product, only.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:34 AM
Motorbones
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard that 24 out of 25 people who eat Girl Scout Cookies don't read the HOG mag....

I'd be interested in seeing articles like tech tips, how to keep your Hog off the stolen list or even a "Ride of the Month" review...

Old 02-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Booey424
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am a HOG member. But not a local group member. The local groups ride in big packs. Which I don't like. I like riding where,when and how I want without someone telling me anything.

I like the HOG magazine and the benefits that goes with being a HOG member. Being a trucker I use the atlas they provide all the time. (I don't use gps). I have also used the roadside assistance 2 times. As well as the discounts on hotel rooms, and cellphones, So for me the membership is worth it.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:11 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,854 Likes on 6,231 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorbones
I've heard that 24 out of 25 people who eat Girl Scout Cookies don't read the HOG mag....

I'd be interested in seeing articles like tech tips, how to keep your Hog off the stolen list or even a "Ride of the Month" review...
Hell, Hog members were selling them at the dealer. They weren't in uniform though.

Tech tips and security advice equates to less money for the Moco in service fees and replacement bikes.

Quick Reply: HOG magazine