General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got stopped at a MC checkpoint..

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:57 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Seriously, we made fun of people like you where I grew up. Now I understand you can't help it.
OLDAIRBOATER.. What dont you understand? The law is the law man.If there werent any laws we would all be just like the monkeys in the trees slinging their own crap at each other.Its for your own good just like he said....edit--its just wired into some people for some reason.I dont know why.They usually gravitate toward authoritarian positions in life to.

FOR MY OWN GOOD??????????? I am a grown *** man i dont need a nanny telling me what the fk is for my own good.I dont need help crossing the street or making me eat my fkin green beans or when i should go to sleep or how many calories i need or what can of gun i am allowed to have or what kind of pipes on my bike......it never fkin ends with these people.How the hell can someone be grown and have these ideas of controlling everyone else is beyond me.For my own good as if someone is doing me a favor.wtf?There are two kinds of people in this world those who want to be free and those that want to control you.

Last edited by straydog13; 06-27-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 PM
vaham
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Seriously, we made fun of people like you where I grew up. Now I understand you can't help it.
+++1 !!!
Absolutely !!!! I see a sheep bleating someone elses party line with no idea of the difference between rights , authority, illegal detainment without probable cause, etc, etc...People of this ilk are a lying liberal politician's best friend, and sadly, often the first casualty of those same liberal politics.. what a dupe !!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Bfazona
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife drove past that checkpoint on her way home from work and mentioned it to me. I can't believe they set up a checkpoint during Thunder, first time I've ever heard of one during the rally or in Pennsylvania for that matter.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:39 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by simpkinst
what rights?

riding (and driving) is not a right.
It is if you're an illegal alien... sorry, "undocumented immigrant".

Old 06-27-2011, 11:16 PM
justanotherjim
Road Master

Location: kingman AZ. We aren't in hell, but you can see it from here!!!
Received 62 Likes on 21 Posts

Where's cameraboy with his $.02?
As for the law being the law, you can look at all kinds of legal precedent as to what was legal then and to what is legal now. Legal doesn't make it right! AND! Until we, as a group, organize to band together to stop these type of random check points, not a damn thing will change!

Old 06-27-2011, 11:50 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if dan conner and cameraboy were twins separated at birth?
Originally Posted by justanotherjim
Where's cameraboy with his $.02?
As for the law being the law, you can look at all kinds of legal precedent as to what was legal then and to what is legal now. Legal doesn't make it right! AND! Until we, as a group, organize to band together to stop these type of random check points, not a damn thing will change!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:03 AM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by bontrager
I didn't know you're supposed to carry your registration on you... wonder if this varies state by state.
Louisiana requires you to carry it on the bike.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 221 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by bontrager
I didn't know you're supposed to carry your registration on you. I have wondered about this, and nowhere is it mentioned during the basic riders course, nor could I find it listed anywhere on Maryland's MVA website. You'd think motorcycles would get an exemption, since there's no place to put it and it's not like it's a laminated card or anything that would last in your wallet. A cop can pull it up on his computer anyway, so I wonder if this varies state by state.
I actually do laminate mine, and I do carry it in my wallet. I figure it's a bit harder for a thief to explain where they got the bike from and/or from whom they "borrowed it" if they haven't got any paper on the bike

Old 06-28-2011, 01:03 AM
shovel13
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PPBART
Louisiana requires you to carry it on the bike.

I would think all states would require it as that is the way to identify the bike and who the owner is.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:12 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

registration is a scam anyway.How many times you gotta register the same thing? Its just a tax that the police enforce.-----------in texas anyway you only have to carry it in commercial vehicles i beleive.

Quick Reply: Got stopped at a MC checkpoint..