General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Dealer vs. Yamaha Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I have both, Two Harleys and a Yamaha v-star and I don't even consider even going to the Yamaha Dealer for anything at all because it is guaranteed to be a wasted trip. They do not stock anything, its like listening to a broken record, "I can order it for you and have it next Tuesday, but you have to pay the shipping" ???? I can order it myself, have it faster and cheaper. Why are you here again? Amazes me why they even have a parts counter. I should have a sign that says "Catalog Ordering Center" above it. I know if I need a Harley part chances are really good that they have it. If they don't they can tell you who does.

I had a similar thing with a Chevy truck years ago, The chevy dealer would not hook his hand held up to clear a code without an appointment a week from that day. The tranny would not shift and I knew what had caused the code as I had fried a fuse messing around with something else. Same thing, I was traveling. Took it next door to the ford dealer and they had me rolling in 5 minutes and did not even charge me. I drove it back over there and told the chevy guy that it was a dam shame to have to take my chevy to the ford dealer to get service. The truck was only a few months old. I sent letters to the dealer and to Chevrolet complaining but never heard anything back. They don't care.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 AM
meatsack
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdestuck
, this same story could be reversed I'm sure at a different place. .
So true.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:07 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen travelers being given priority for service at more than one dealer.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Ceegardave
Advanced

Originally Posted by carpetride
I've heard the expression used when people have called into Rush Limbaugh. "Mega kudos Rush"

I thought it was just some snobby right wing republican slang or Rush just liked the candy bars.
Rush gets "mega dittos", not mega kudos...

Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 AM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

While on a trips, I've taken bikes to dealers on two occasions. In the Dallas/Ft.worth area, I pulled into Longhorn H-D and it was taken in immediatly and I was out within an hour. On a different trip, I stopped at Champion H-D in Roswell, NM. I pulled in about a half-hour before they even opened, so we were just hanging out by the service door waiting. A guy came out to see what was going on and then took the bike right in and, again, within an hour and a half, we were back on the road.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 AM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a dirtbike kx250 and dealing with kawasaki on parts is a nightmare. I understand they can't stock every part but clutch and brake levers? Come on! I like when they say they can order it. And my response is yeah? So can I cheaper and delivered to my house

Old 07-11-2011, 11:46 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceegardave
Rush gets "mega dittos", not mega kudos...
Oh that's right "Ditto Heads"
Dittos, kudos, cornholeeos....whatever

Old 07-11-2011, 11:50 AM
BIGSTEVEX3
Cruiser

I just had the yamaha dealer in rapid city install the same tire harley want 85 bucks more nice guys plus got lots nice bike comments from all the jap riders.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:54 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

That's great! I keep telling my metric friends you usually can't beat HD for their service. This is similar to Red Rock HD in Vegas, My buddy went to the Yamaha dealer there and was treated like **** and they wouldn't honor the warrenty and so on and so on and it would take a week to get his bike in. RR HD teated both he and I like gold. In fact they treated him so well he was a hairs breath away from trading his yamaha in on a roadglide they had there.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 PM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Few years ago traveling from NC to TN, alternator went out. Spent the night in a motel. Blue ridge HD picked me and the bike up next morning and put it in the service dept. They had to charge the battery, since it was dead but put a new one in for testing and it was the alternator. They didn't have it but made a 200 mile round trip to get it. It was an all day event but I left before closing time. $50.00 ESP.

Last lear, rear brake line. Ghost Town HD didn't have it and ordered it overnight from Atlanta. Recieved the wrong one but made it work to get me back on the road. $50.00 ESP Oh yeah, they were having some kind of party thing and I drank a bunch of free beer after closing time waiting for them to finish my bike.

Quick Reply: Harley Dealer vs. Yamaha Dealer