General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who uses Shell Rotella Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 07:56 AM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who uses Shell Rotella Oil?

Yeah it might be too thin for my bike, but I will definately be switching to the Rottella T synthetic 5W-40 for my cars....I should be able to do both of them for the price of one car on Mobil 1 as I have been.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Bighorse
Road Captain

I know a few guys that use it without a problem. My BEST oil quest came to a happy end when I discovered Amsoil.

Yeah it might be too thin for my bike, but I will definately be switching to the Rottella T synthetic 5W-40 for my cars....I should be able to do both of them for the price of one car on Mobil 1 as I have been.
[/quote]
times

Old 11-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Newhog
Road Captain

I do also wish Rotella came in a 50wt.

You can not use Amsoil in the primary, your Amsoil reps are usually well educated on their product and will tell you this themselves, it will slip your clutch. That is pretty much true of all of the other synthetics, even the Moco advisee’s not to use it in the primary or tran including their own synthetic (yes I know they use to recommend it, they have backed away from that due to clutch slippage) again allot of information here in the oil section to back up what I'm telling you, one could read for a week with the amount of information that is available here.

I have friends that do use Amsoil in their bikes and are happy with it, but they have to buy two different oils. I ride long distance and want an oil I can find readily available, otherwise I might be tempted myself. I live in AZ where cruising at +85 is common and most of you know our bikes use a little oil at that speed.

FWIW