General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who warns? cop radar

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Denver Dave
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I tap, or flash when driving, REGARDLESS of what type of car they drive or their socio-economic status. Pay it forward.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:12 PM
F34R
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the "maybe people should slow down" crowd.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:15 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Never do. If you are going to play you will pay.

I would like to see all speeders arrested every time they speed.

I set records for numbers of tickets issued in one shift, week and month. Got me promoted to sgt. lt. and then chief. While chief in one department my officers turned in more fine revenue each month for five years. I know one state trooper that set records and eventually was assigned to teach the vehicle code to cadets at the academy. He turned out little clones of himself every class.

About 6,000 motorcyclist die each year. A major contributing factor is both speed and alcohol. So, if you keep speeding you are going up against the odds that sooner or later you may pay with your life.

Post your little "crossing guard" immature comments that you will. It is your life that the officers fully understand that they are trying to save by modifying your behavior. You are simply not grown up enough to conceptualize that yet. If you are lucky enough you may grow up before you pay.

Last edited by lh4x4; 09-23-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

didn't we just have a head pat thread?

Old 09-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not today we didn't.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:32 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
I don't because I actually want people to get speeding tickets. Maybe it will encourage them to slow the f*** down! There are too many people out there with no regard for the rules of the road and I don't see why it is my responsibility to help them get away with it. I may not be a perfect driver/rider but I've never been bad enough to be ticketed.
Originally Posted by wheel752
not badd..so far just one *** gasket in the crowd.... no worries, he will mellow.
if he ever gets a woman or switches back.
Nope, we have two...................

Originally Posted by lh4x4

I set records for numbers of tickets issued in one shift, week and month. Got me promoted to sgt. lt. and then chief. While chief in one department my officers turned in more fine revenue each month for five years. I know one state trooper that set records and eventually was assigned to teach the vehicle code to cadets at the academy. He turned out little clones of himself every class.

About 6,000 motorcyclist die each year. A major contributing factor is both speed and alcohol. So, if you keep speeding you are going up against the odds that sooner or later you may pay with your like.

Post your little "crossing guard" immature comments that you will. It is your life that the officers fully understand that they are trying to save by modifying your behavior. You are simply not grown up enough to conceptualize that yet. If you are lucky enough you may grow up before you pay.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:46 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtracin23
Nope, we have two...................
You did not count me and someone else I think we have '4' so far

Old 09-23-2011, 04:49 PM
rhlhamlet
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Tap the helmet with the left hand 2-3 times.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:41 PM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4

About 6,000 motorcyclist die each year. A major contributing factor is both speed and alcohol. So, if you keep speeding you are going up against the odds that sooner or later you may pay with your like.

What a load of BS! Tell that to the last officer who pulled me over and insisted I stand between the two cars on the shoulder of a Houston freeway with traffic flying by at 70+ mph. Its all about the revenue and safety be damned!

If it was about safety then roads would have automatic systems in place that were there 100% of the time. not Barney Fife here hiding in the bushes trying to catch people.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:54 PM
strongwood
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
I always warn people..If I remember correctly this issue was just in the news and the guy was fined or something..
Yep, I got pulled over by a KY State trooper for flashing at motorist

Quick Reply: who warns? cop radar