General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who warns? cop radar

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 05:59 PM
FreddyJ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always warn others. Not to hijack this thread, but........ I passed an officer Tues and Thurs morning this week as he was using laser radar at 73-75 in a 60. Both times no response. I wonder if I wasn't going fast enough to warrant a ticket or they can't get a good read off my bike?

Old 09-23-2011, 06:09 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 09-23-2011, 06:23 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by strongwood
Yep, I got pulled over by a KY State trooper for flashing at motorist
couple of years ago I read an article that LEOs liked people flashing.
Purported to increase awareness of laws.

I tap, blink, jump down turn around give a dog a bone and used to flash my red n whites till I ended up getting a talking to by a state trooper.
still alert though

Old 09-23-2011, 06:26 PM
sjef
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Never do. If you are going to play you will pay.

I would like to see all speeders arrested every time they speed.

I set records for numbers of tickets issued in one shift, week and month. Got me promoted to sgt. lt. and then chief. While chief in one department my officers turned in more fine revenue each month for five years. I know one state trooper that set records and eventually was assigned to teach the vehicle code to cadets at the academy. He turned out little clones of himself every class.

About 6,000 motorcyclist die each year. A major contributing factor is both speed and alcohol. So, if you keep speeding you are going up against the odds that sooner or later you may pay with your like.

Post your little "crossing guard" immature comments that you will. It is your life that the officers fully understand that they are trying to save by modifying your behavior. You are simply not grown up enough to conceptualize that yet. If you are lucky enough you may grow up before you pay.

Thats the most bullshit I've read on the internet yet. You ever watch cops drive. They are the worst, always speeding and don't tell me they're on a call because they do it at the end of their shift when they are going to the station. I have lots of respect for law officers but don't come on here like you're saving lives when your own fellow officers drive like a bunch of teenagers that just got their licenses.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:50 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wheel752
not badd..so far just one *** gasket in the crowd.... no worries, he will mellow.
if he ever gets a woman or switches back.
Just wait until you lose someone close to you because somebody else was going too fast and lost control of their vehicle, it just might change your perspective.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Ironhand
Road Master

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
I don't because I actually want people to get speeding tickets. Maybe it will encourage them to slow the f*** down! There are too many people out there with no regard for the rules of the road and I don't see why it is my responsibility to help them get away with it. I may not be a perfect driver/rider but I've never been bad enough to be ticketed.
i bet you dont do anything illegal either...like loud pipes? or are ou just self rightious?

Old 09-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Vince81
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never do. If you are going to play you will pay.

I set records for numbers of tickets issued in one shift, week and month. Got me promoted to sgt. lt. and then chief. While chief in one department my officers turned in more fine revenue each month for five years. I know one state trooper that set records and eventually was assigned to teach the vehicle code to cadets at the academy. He turned out little clones of himself every class.

About 6,000 motorcyclist die each year. A major contributing factor is both speed and alcohol. So, if you keep speeding you are going up against the odds that sooner or later you may pay with your like.

Post your little "crossing guard" immature comments that you will. It is your life that the officers fully understand that they are trying to save by modifying your behavior. You are simply not grown up enough to conceptualize that yet. If you are lucky enough you may grow up before you pay.
Giving out the most tickets got you promoted to Sgt, Lieutenant and then Chief...?
They skip Captain in your department...?
No civil service promotional exam is given for officers looking to go career path...?
Where are/were you a cop....in Mayberry RFD ? Is Barney Fife the Dep.Chief-or do you not have That position either...?
Setting a record of summons issuance qualifys a Trooper to teach Vehicle Code...?
God help the poor people of Illinois with that new class of robots/****'s on the highways defending the constitution and upholding the speed laws that are so rampantly ignored by us outlaws and speeding bikers who arent responsible enough to recognise the State of Illinois enforcement agenda and saving lives.
The fine revenue from working people(and the occasional ******* ) -did you guys spend it on donuts and vodka for roll call...?

YOU should have been promoted(demoted...?) to crossing guard and let some gung ho thru the door 1st guy take the Sgt,LT and Chief position.
"Pay with your like"...?
Yeah ok Chief......your "I'm a cop" rant just got you NO respect from me if you didn't proof read your post before hitting the post button.
Must have been an insanely easy test for you to get "on the job" or was it affirmative action and a curve that got you sworn in ?
LOL

Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 PM
cigarowens
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup... I still tap my helmet at all vehicles. If they don't understand, they should eventually.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:26 PM
FatBoyVeteran
Road Captain

I warn riders....tap the helmet or flash my lights.

When I am in my cage, I do not warn other cagers. Its not my responsibility to watch YOUR speed for a speed trap. I can follow the speed limit within the limitations of the law...there is no reason why everyone else can't to.
Everyone is in such a damn hurry to get nowhere. And the way I see it, if a speeding ticket slows you down, then its for the best. It will increase the safety for everyone on the road....

Now, on the other hand....if there is a dangerous situation ahead (stalled vehicle, EMS, accident, pedestrian, deer, etc.etc..), I will flash my lights to warn other drivers and riders to be aware of the road ahead and to pay attention.

As far as just a cop with a radar gun.....if your going THAT fast that he actually takes the time to pull you, then you were driving too fast and need to slow down. Sometimes the best lesson learned is the hardest lesson.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:38 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,246 Likes on 2,476 Posts

so what do you consider speeding then? 1 mph over? technically, that is speeding as it is in excess of the posted limit. so i'm doing 56 in a 55 and you want to see me arrested? thanks dude, maybe those promotions should have been awarded for something other than giving tickets?

Quick Reply: who warns? cop radar