General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over-The-Helmet Goggles

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Over-The-Helmet Goggles

Hey Gang,

I have been entertaining the idea of getting some goggles for riding that will fit over my Bell 3/4 helmet. I normally ride with glasses and in the past I have worn goggles that fit around my head and under the helmet. I love the protection and wind cancellation of goggles but I don't like that I can't take them off or even adjust them without removing my helmet. I like glasses for their ease of taking them on and off but don't like having to stow them or hold them in hand if I plan on putting them right back. Unfortunately, none of the cycle shops in my area carry any goggles that fit over the helmet so I can't get any sense of how they would work out. Do any of you guys and gals wear such goggles. What can you tell me of how they work for you and how comfortable they are. Price point and where you purchased them from would also be appreciated.

Skeez

Old 11-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Rustell
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Adjust the strap a little bit longer and put it on the outside of your helmet...
Works for me..

Old 11-23-2011, 02:55 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

some luftwaffe goggle would work

Old 11-23-2011, 02:56 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by Rustell
Adjust the strap a little bit longer and put it on the outside of your helmet...
Works for me..
Unfortunatly it doesnt work. It has to do with where the strap is located on the frame of the goggles. I used to use some old tinted military plastic lens goggles till the got scratched up to bad. I liked using them but never found another pair I liked. Sinse then ditched the non DOT 3/4 and opted for a half helmet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GG041-Motorc...#ht_2469wt_952

Old 11-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rustell
Works for me..
Standard goggles will not fit over a helmet. Also, as someone else stated, over the helmet goggles have straps that attach to the frame in such a way as to allow the goggles to sit on the face as they should. Regular goggles would just stretch across the opening of of the helmet and over the face.

I am thinking something like the Red Baron style goggles. My only pause about those is how well they are made. Although I like the style, they almost seem gimmicky and the fact that they are usually so cheap doesn't make me feel to confident about how well they are made.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:16 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts

Have not been snow skiing for a long time, but I remember seeing some skiers with goggles that went over the helmet. Maybe a sporting goods store or a ski shop could help you. What you want makes sense, should be able to get what you want.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:59 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Got some goggles from Capt Itch, the strap goes around my 3/4, made by arc one, lots of ventilation when its hot, can't beat the price. Arc One are the folks who make welding helmets.

Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 11-23-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:14 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose
Got some goggles from Capt Itch, the strap goes around my 3/4, made by arc one, lots of ventilation when its hot, can't beat the price. Arc One are the folks who make welding helmets.
Like these?
http://www.arc1weldsafe.com/safety-goggles.html

Old 11-23-2011, 04:16 PM
cpracing519
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have goggles from lowbrow customs that fit over the helmet plus I wear glasses under them. They are expensive at $75, but I love them!

Old 11-23-2011, 05:02 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Actually no, the ones I have have round lenses. Maybe they discontinued this model. Someone here or somewhere has an avatar with an older dude wearing these, and the reflection in the glasses are of a women with a healthy set of lungs, and a big smile on his face. Ya'll know what I'm talking about.

Quick Reply: Over-The-Helmet Goggles