General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks jerks for blocking road

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:03 PM
cajzmere
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, Call it the fast lane but does not give you the right to Speed over the posted speed limit... Emergency vehicles I merge but just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...
REALLY? REALLY? It's not called the "passing lane" for giggles...it's effin common courtesy to allow someone to pass...It's people like you that actually cause traffic jams, riding in the left lane at whatever speed YOU feel is proper? Who the f do you think you are to tell anyone how fast or slow they should drive? If i feel like speeding, it's up to to the police to enforce, not a TOOL like yourself! F off!

Old 03-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Agent777
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Ok, your on a country 2 lane road and driving/riding 5 to 10 miles over the posted speed and traffic is building up behind you. Do you try to pull over when there is a spot wide enough to park? Up your speed and increase chance on a ticket? How much traffic behind you dictates to you what to do? If you pull over, you be in danger...
That's completely different than a 3 or 4 lane freeway.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:18 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

This is funny...
Why is only one law being cited?
I understand the no left lane blocking, **** aspect...

But why is it not ok to break that law, and you are all up in arms about it??? But going 20-30 or more over, is okay? That's as big a hazard.... Your reaction time is slowed... Your vision is less... But all of you are ok with it...

I've learned my lesson.., I'm a left lane guy.... But I AM going faster than everyone else....I am always the one passing... Very seldom do I get passed.... But if I see it, I DO, get over!!

But why is no one made at ******* tailgaters... Speed demons and jerks...
Not if you doing 55 in a 55 in the left.... But say, your doing 75-80 in a 55 and get get a giant douche that is all up on you tailgating, swerving.... Going nuts... Cause, frankly you didn't see his as you are passing people effectively.... How come none of you are pizsed at that guy?
Prolly conveniently because you are that guy...

Don't forget... Life us a two way street...

Left Kane speed ****'s, move the efff over...

Speed demons... Slow the eff down!!!
There is considerable consideration and common sense in both instances!!!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:20 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang auto correct killed me... Oh well... You get the jist!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:47 PM
x1wildone
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VaRider
Check Connecticut 14-233 Passing on right. I've also been advised that New Hampshire is also the same but you can do your own research.
Sec. 14-233. Passing on right. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle only when conditions permit such movement in safety and under the following conditions: (1) When the vehicle overtaken is making or has signified the intention to make a left turn; (2) when lines of vehicles traveling in the same direction in adjoining traffic lanes have come to a stop or have reduced their speed; (3) upon a one-way street free from obstructions and of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles; (4) upon a limited access highway or parkway free from obstructions with three or more lanes provided for traffic in one direction. Such movement shall not be made by driving off the pavement or main-traveled portion of the highway except where lane designations, signs, signals or markings provide for such movement. Violation of any provision of this section shall be an infraction.

Here is Ct. passing on the right law, and as stated it is permissible within certain conditions.
One thing that left lane hogs do around here and other places I'm sure, is they run the left lane until you are just about to pass them in the right lane, then they will move to the right lane effectively cutting you off and forcing you to move to the left lane. If the left lane was the lane you wanted then stay there and quit the games.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

According to my Dad it was illegal to pass to the right in Ohio when he was growing up. I don't think that is the case anymore. Laws or not, it makes everyone's life easier and helps keep traffic to a minimum to keep right. Everyone should be out there trying to make things move along smoothly at all times. It is part of your responsibility on the road that many forget. I especially expect it out of fellow motorcyclists as we should be a lot more in touch with the ebb and flow of motoring than the typical cager who is trying to get from A to B on auto pilot.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:41 AM
VaRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,086 Likes on 1,545 Posts

I'm the one that started this thread about the jerks in the group ride blocking the passing lane. I still think they were jerks for doing this but never once did I consider getting by them then cutting in front of them them brake check them. Or cutting them off or anything else aggressive or dangerous. Some of you are really scary and the thought of riding on the same roads with you just turns my stomach.
Some of you need to settle the eff down and take a deep breath.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VaRider
I'm the one that started this thread about the jerks in the group ride blocking the passing lane. I still think they were jerks for doing this but never once did I consider getting by them then cutting in front of them them brake check them. Or cutting them off or anything else aggressive or dangerous. Some of you are really scary and the thought of riding on the same roads with you just turns my stomach.
Some of you need to settle the eff down and take a deep breath.
I think most of the post are referring to cages....not running bikes off the road.

I think Hawgnuttz stole your thread with his idiotic comment. I would like to think Hawgnuttz has seen the light now ....BUT he's probably saying to himself "F the folks on hdforums.com!"

Old 03-18-2012, 06:30 AM
VaRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,086 Likes on 1,545 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat Cat
I think most of the post are referring to cages....not running bikes off the road.

I think Hawgnuttz stole your thread with his idiotic comment. I would like to think Hawgnuttz has seen the light now ....BUT he's probably saying to himself "F the folks on hdforums.com!"

No doubt on hawgnuttz but the others are still morons whether they are talking about cagers or riders. I admit to throwing a few eff bombs at people and I've thrown a middle finger up a few times in my life. But cutting people off or break checking them is just insane and a good way to get yourself shot.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:12 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,571 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by rlowride
This is funny...
Why is only one law being cited?
I understand the no left lane blocking, **** aspect...

But why is it not ok to break that law, and you are all up in arms about it??? But going 20-30 or more over, is okay? That's as big a hazard.... Your reaction time is slowed... Your vision is less... But all of you are ok with it...

I've learned my lesson.., I'm a left lane guy.... But I AM going faster than everyone else....I am always the one passing... Very seldom do I get passed.... But if I see it, I DO, get over!!

But why is no one made at ******* tailgaters... Speed demons and jerks...
Not if you doing 55 in a 55 in the left.... But say, your doing 75-80 in a 55 and get get a giant douche that is all up on you tailgating, swerving.... Going nuts... Cause, frankly you didn't see his as you are passing people effectively.... How come none of you are pizsed at that guy?
Prolly conveniently because you are that guy...

Don't forget... Life us a two way street...

Left Kane speed ****'s, move the efff over...

Speed demons... Slow the eff down!!!
There is considerable consideration and common sense in both instances!!!
You have a point. When that happens to me when I'm in the car, it depends on my mood. Most of the time, if I can, I'll just move over and let the asshat pass. But if he has nowhere to go once he gets past me like another car in front of me, I'll gradually slow down.

People don't realize that they're driving a weapon that can kill, well, until after the fact. When I'm on the highway, I'm in the fast lane but I'm also hauling ***. There is the occasional speed demon running there also but I'm always well aware of my surroundings when riding and see him coming a long way off and get out of the way. But I have also noticed that the speed demons are usually respectful of bikers.

Quick Reply: Thanks jerks for blocking road