General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks jerks for blocking road

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,523 Likes on 6,272 Posts

Wow. I always wondered if the left lane hogs were clueless or passive-aggressive. Guess guilty on both counts.

When I first got my NY drivers license, I was pulled over in Connecticut by a very professional State Trooper. He informed me that it was illegal to be in the left lane if I wasn't passing. At the time I didn't understand the concept. 38 years later, I understand that it helps traffic flow remain safe and efficient.
Why be a dick and disrupt traffic flow?

Last edited by Ron750; 03-18-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Hooker 6
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Wow. I always wondered if ghe left lane hogs were clueless or passive-aggressive. Guess guilty on both counts.

When I first got my NY drivers license, I was pulled over in Connecticut by a very professional State Trooper. He informed me that it was illegal to be in the left lane if I wasn't passing. At the time I didn't understand the concept. 38 years later, I understand that it helps traffic flow remain safe and efficient.
+1 on clueless and passive aggressive. Learned to really drive in Germany in the early 70's. Don't even be in the passing lane with a BMW or Porche coming at you down the road at 100 mph plus!!

Old 03-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Wow. I always wondered if ghe left lane hogs were clueless or passive-aggressive. Guess guilty on both counts.

Very well said

Old 03-18-2012, 07:46 AM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

If you're being passed on the right, you're in the wrong Fuh-king lane.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Denver Dave
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, Call it the fast lane but does not give you the right to Speed over the posted speed limit... Emergency vehicles I merge but just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...
I actually had to re-read this post to make sure I read it correctly. Guys like hawgnuttz (who are closeted cops) cause accidents by forcing everyone around him to change lanes to pass. I bet you also have a bumper sticker on your car letting everyone know you hate tailgaters, who always seem to target you.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:24 AM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 6,011 Likes on 3,064 Posts

I notice there's no LEO's chiming in. Here in Ct, they can ticket your dumb *** for going over the speed limit, even to pass. It'll stick. Most don't, but if the quota's low they will.
And I didn't say I did the speed limit in the left lane. But tailgaters **** me off. So I move over after they pass.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:54 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,239 Likes on 2,473 Posts

Originally Posted by rlowride
This is funny...
Why is only one law being cited?
I understand the no left lane blocking, **** aspect...

But why is it not ok to break that law, and you are all up in arms about it??? But going 20-30 or more over, is okay? That's as big a hazard.... Your reaction time is slowed... Your vision is less... But all of you are ok with it...

I've learned my lesson.., I'm a left lane guy.... But I AM going faster than everyone else....I am always the one passing... Very seldom do I get passed.... But if I see it, I DO, get over!!

But why is no one made at ******* tailgaters... Speed demons and jerks...
Not if you doing 55 in a 55 in the left.... But say, your doing 75-80 in a 55 and get get a giant douche that is all up on you tailgating, swerving.... Going nuts... Cause, frankly you didn't see his as you are passing people effectively.... How come none of you are pizsed at that guy?
Prolly conveniently because you are that guy...

Don't forget... Life us a two way street...

Left Kane speed ****'s, move the efff over...

Speed demons... Slow the eff down!!!
There is considerable consideration and common sense in both instances!!!
the reason no one is mad about the rest of those things in your scenarios because this discussion is not about them. it really doesn't matter if someone is doing 20 or 30 over the speed limit, if you are in the left lane blocking their movement, you are wrong. sure they're in the wrong also, but that doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.

drivers suck everywhere, why would you want to put yourself in a situation that makes it more dangerous for you? i personally like to be in my own little pocket when i'm on the road. i don't like people anywhere near me. if i have to speed up to do it, then i will (not 20 or 30 though). if it means i have to slow down just a tad to let that cluster get on up the road, then i'll do that too. if you're the only one there, there's no reason not to be in the right lane.....

Old 03-18-2012, 10:04 AM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 66cruiser
If you're being passed on the right, you're in the wrong Fuh-king lane.
I HATE being passed on the right.
In many states this (passing on right) is illegal and a ticketable offense although rarely enforced. I always move over to the right lane when I see someone approaching from behind.
I learned the value of this while living in Germany back in the 80's.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:48 AM
POPS87FXR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
To the guys who posted that they "always" ride/drive in the left lane.... sorry but you're an idiot. Ask any experienced LEO and he'll tell you, you are 3x more likely to get a speeding ticket in the left lane. Stay in the right lane. Go as fast as you like... pass on the left and get back in the right lane. I learned this from a state cop buddy about 15 years ago and haven't gotten a ticket since. Oh, and I go 80+ about all the time on bike or car when I'm on the highway.

+1
Always on the right, most jackasses are on the left, and I always end up ahead of them, make much better time, and don't have anyone climbing up my butt.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skratch
the reason no one is mad about the rest of those things in your scenarios because this discussion is not about them. it really doesn't matter if someone is doing 20 or 30 over the speed limit, if you are in the left lane blocking their movement, you are wrong. sure they're in the wrong also, but that doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.

drivers suck everywhere, why would you want to put yourself in a situation that makes it more dangerous for you? i personally like to be in my own little pocket when i'm on the road. i don't like people anywhere near me. if i have to speed up to do it, then i will (not 20 or 30 though). if it means i have to slow down just a tad to let that cluster get on up the road, then i'll do that too. if you're the only one there, there's no reason not to be in the right lane.....
Very well said....simply put, just mind your own business, if someone wants to speed, get the hell out of their way and let them (you're not a cop!)...sooner or later, they'll be caught or dead...the unfortunate thing is they may take someone else with them...BUT the slow *** driver in the left lane is only going to make matters worst.

Quick Reply: Thanks jerks for blocking road