General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bear hunting with a Harley!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:10 AM
bamarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bear hunting with a Harley!

This was one lucky rider, even though he ended up in the hospital. If the bike hadn't hit the bear in the head, the bear would probably have killed him.

Can't you just see the expression on the bikers face just before impact!!
Can you believe a motorcycle killed thisHUGE GRIZZLY? This grizzly was hit by a Harley on Lolo Pass. This is the pass between Lolo , MT and Kooskia , ID. Lolo Pass , elevation 5,233 feet (1,595 m), is a mountain pass in the northern Rocky Mountains on the border between the U.S. States of Montana and Idaho approximately 25 miles (40 km) west-southwest of Missoula , Montana .It is famous as the location where the Lewis and Clark Expedition crossed the summit of the Bitteroot Range via the Lolo Trail on their outward and return journeys in 1805–06.Look attheclaws on that sucker!

Attached Thumbnails Bear hunting with a Harley!-bear1.jpg   Bear hunting with a Harley!-bear2.jpg   Bear hunting with a Harley!-bear3.jpg   Bear hunting with a Harley!-bear4.jpg  
Old 04-14-2012, 07:15 AM
busch
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damm Bear Skin rug
Whats bike look like

Old 04-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Holy Smokes! And I'm worried about those little 250 lb black bears!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:40 AM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

*sarcasm on If the bear had worn a helmet.... *sarcasm off.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:49 AM
kps_Shovel
Cruiser

I had a bear see me coming stroll up a hill 20 feet, & wait for me to come by, & this was in a valley, with hills on both sides, no where to run, I gunned it before I got to it, & he did as expected, ran down to chase me. but I was in oncoming traffics lane, & nothing was coming, thank god, wasnt really a close call, but if I had been driving lazy, & not paying attention, who knows, he wanted me for a meal, or at least to play with.

mine happened under 4 miles from my house. & that was 2 years ago, at dusk one evening on my way home from work.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,562 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Hitting a coyote last January at 55 mph bent the engine guard back 2 inches, blew the lower fairng into many small pieces, the torque of the impact turned the ignition switch off and the force of my locked arms pushed the handlebars down almost 4 inches. It was a big coyote...maybe 45 lbs.

And he hit a friggin' bear!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Dirtball
Tourer

Hmm, I have seen the same pictures many time and there was never any mention of a motorcycle. How sure are you of this fact?

Trending Topics

Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 AM
jayc67
Intermediate

If you search around for those same pictures they show up in a 2007 news article from Montana where it's claimed the bear was hit by a Dodge pickup, which is a tad more believable.

http://www.newwest.net/topic/article...hotos/C38/L38/

Old 04-14-2012, 08:17 AM
bamarider
Tourer

Just copied it from what my Mom sent me. None of the words are mine. Just copied and pasted. No question it could have been something else but just sharing the email.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:23 AM
bamarider
Tourer

Originally Posted by jayc67
If you search around for those same pictures they show up in a 2007 news article from Montana where it's claimed the bear was hit by a Dodge pickup, which is a tad more believable.

http://www.newwest.net/topic/article...hotos/C38/L38/
Without question this is more believeable. Also I looked at the email and did not see a bike. Just forwarded this link to my Mom. Always told her how some of her emails were misleading from her friends. Maybe this link will finally convince her. Thanks for the link!

Quick Reply: Bear hunting with a Harley!