General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's your earliest recolection of bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:16 AM
dastark
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your earliest recolection of bikers?

I guess I was about 10. We'd attend the various fairs and carnivals. Here in MI, one of the well known groups were the Devils Deciples. They'd be at most events and I was mesmerized. Ma would yank me away as I wandered toward the bikes for a look. I was intrigued by everything. Clearly the bikes. But they were always having fun, surrounded by pretty girls, etc. I hope ma and dad forgive me, but I'm fulfilling a childhood dream. What's yours?

Old 01-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Budz
Tourer
Default RE: What's your earliest recolection of bikers?

My uncle gave me a ride on his Indian when I was about 6. I've loved motorcycles since then.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:32 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Third generation. I can't remember not being around bikers

Old 01-16-2007, 12:32 AM
patriotmc
Road Captain

Actually, it's my earliest memory. I was about 4 years old, St Louis, MO. I remember a series of small garage stalls, a red brick apt building (ours) and a guy in front of the gargage on a Cushman scooter (at least I think it was.. at least if was a scooter). How about that... maybe that's why I like cycles so much... my first memory!

Old 01-16-2007, 12:33 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Age 3or 4watching my Dad take my brother to school in the sidecar. That would be 1957

Old 01-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

8-9 years old. A 1%'er liver right behind us. I always hung around when ever all the bikes were there. Loved just looking at all those chopped Harleys......

Old 01-16-2007, 12:35 AM
captainhawg
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There were not a lot of motorcycles around here when I was a kid. I went to the movies on Saturday morning, we could get in for milk carton tops. I saw a couple Hells Angels or something on that order movies. Then when I was a little older, my little gang, would get together on weekends and find a bike or two to ride. Then in high school I wanted a Harley, everyone else wanted Honda, couldn't find one, so I bought a Yamaha. Rode that in college, and for a while after........

Old 01-16-2007, 12:44 AM
barnyard
Ultimate HDF Member

My dad andthree of his friends rode Harleys before I was born. (1951). I don't know if they would qualify as bikers by today's myriad definitions, but they were all mechanics, and did all their own work. Dad bought his last motorcycle from the Newport P.D. and rebuiltand painted it. He quit riding when Kentucky passed a helmet law in the late 60's or early 70's while I was in the Navy. He sold the bike to a knothead in Alexandria while I was still away from home. It was chopped and ruined before I knew it was gone.[:@] Boy, I sure loved riding with my Ol' Man.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:51 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

My dad absolutely hated bikers. As a kid, 7 yrs old or so, I can remember being in the backseat on long trips, and hearing my mom yell at him, for moving over on bikers, when they passed us on the highway.

Guess he was somewhat of an a-hole (rest his soul), but as a little kid, obviously I was left out of the loop on the "adult" conversations.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:53 AM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior

I was maybe 6,7or 8.My Aunt was running with a well known M/C at the time.Almost every time I visited her house, her biker friends were hanging out.I remember them all there with their vests,tattoos,beer in one hand,etc.Then, sometimes they wouldall fire up their bikes up at once,rev them up a little and roar down the street.It has stuck in my mind forever.To this day,my Aunt is still cool!We cannow talk of her past experienceswith the club.Some very cool tales she tells!

Quick Reply: What's your earliest recolection of bikers?