General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Losing interest ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:42 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Losing interest ??

Did this happen about the same time you stopped smoking??

Old 01-17-2007, 08:44 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has happened to me a time or two. I like to jump on the bike and take off to relax by myself once in a while and I really love doing it. It is like therapy to me, but it cannot be the only way to ride. I think that is why many join MC's. Companionship keeps you motivated. Having a place to go keeps you motivated. That's why we all like rallys so much.

Bottom line is that jumping on the bike by yourself with no place to go is great sometimes but it is not enough and gets boring after a while.

Anyone agree with this??

Old 01-17-2007, 08:50 PM
SquishFace
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suggest selling me your bike for $100 and buying a puppy.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:04 PM
RandyM1911
Tourer

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 01-18-2007, 12:52 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

Sometimes you just have to take a break. If it's still in your blood, it WILL resurface. I've been a gun nut since about the age of 12 but recently had to take about a three year break to get some other things accomplished. Now the fever is stronger than ever!

Old 01-18-2007, 01:24 AM
d42s
Cruiser

I get to feeling that way mid way thru winter up here. I haven't ridden sincemid Oct. But once March gets here I'll be itching to get her out of the basement. Come Feb. I'll pull the dust cover off and start waxing every inch of her and get her all prepped for March. That usually get me all hyped, plus Motorcycle Show is next weekend.
Take a month or 2 off and you'll be wanting to go for a ride again.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:25 AM
ditch_dgr
Road Master

Had a similar experience, but I got better. My wife had a 03 Low Rider and I had a 03 Dyna (we both had Sportsters biefore that), and rode all the time. The wife raced at our local race track and had a pretty bad crash, went head on into the wall broke a couple of ribs and her right foot (destroyed the car) in late summer 2005.She couldn't ride the bike and to be honestthecrash scaredme pretty bad, so I quit riding. the bikes sat in the garage for almosta year. This past summer we decided to sell both of them. Someone wanted to buy the Low-Rider and wanted to test drive it (this was some I trusted). I got both bikes ready and forced myself back on my bike and off we went for a 10 minute test drive. The Low Rider sold, but more importantly I got back on my bike. Two weeks later I traded my bike for my Ultra and I am now riding every chance I get. We have put bunch of miles on it. Last Saturday I bought the wife a Deuce (and our warm winter ended). We are both happy and excited to be riding again. Hang in there, I was pretty sure I was done riding.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:09 PM
JBA111
Road Captain

Hi ya Streach keep up the Quit!! I've been quit for 4 years and believe me thefirstweekeverything gets alittle screwy, then by the 3nd week things kinda start settling down. So keep it up man!!
Don't make any big decisions about selling things or buying things. Put the bike up for awhile if you need to. When I quit I cut down on my motorcycle rideing and way increased my bicycle rideing and swam alot too, it really helped get the crap out of my system and out of my mind.
But I spent 2 years rideing arround Flordia and after the first year I kinda got bored with the rideing. I meanthe first year was really cool rideing andseeing the sights and all. then the second year seeing new sights was cool but the ridesseemed about the same flat straight and by the 3nd year I moved back to the mountains.
I sugest heading North. About the time ya hit North Gorgia start doing the 2lane roads and the little towns. You got Georgia, Tennessee, North an South Carolina, Kentucky and Verginia too, so you ought to be able to find some fun rideing and neat places to spark the interest again.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:25 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

I wouldnt worry about it. I went a long time not riding ( course , having bike stolen & no insurance helped that some} but I could have gotten another scoot. I didnt know ifn I would ever ride again. I just had a felling that my luck had run out (staying in 1 piece and still living) . Well some years later I walked into a Harley shop just to buy a helmet to use while racing my car , and I got to lookin and dang, that $50 . helmet cost me $20,000. from also buing that new Hog.

Like I said, dont worry about it. It,s not like you lost interest in breathing ect, ect. [8D]