General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain Suits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Turbo Flux
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rain Suits?

Goin to buy a rainsuit soon. What brand and price range do you guys use? Two piece? One piece?

Doesn't rain much here in the Texas panhandle, but I plan on traveling alot more this year.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Motogo
Road Captain
Default RE: Rain Suits?

I just bought one off ebay , payed about 40 bucks for it. Seems to be very good quality. its 2 piece with reflective strips for high visibility. Made by Himalaya motorbike wear.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:04 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a rain suit, but hated it. Plastic tent like material.

I now use FirstGear HT overpants. They aren't rain gear, but they are warm and waterproof.
I use my FXRG jacket which is also waterproof. Pants zip to jacket so water doesnt go down them.

I do get a wet neck though, from water running off the helmet and into my jacket.

A lot of people like Frogg Toggs.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:12 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a $20 pvc rainsuit in my bag when I travel. Unless it's a down pour my jacket and chaps keep me just fine, unfortunately those down pours do happen and with chaps it looks like you p*ssed your pants, not to mention it is not comfortable having wet nuts. So the cheapy rain suit works fine for the very few times I have and will need it.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:13 AM
hartick
Tourer

wal-mart rain gear for $20 bucks. regular suit for hiking or anything but fits over my coat and jeans. ive melted thru 3 other suits 2 wal-marts and one harley from my dad. with my history track i wont pay for the expensive ones. this last one also has reflective striping on the back. not a bad idea for when it is nasty out. gators covering the boots. about $15 from any bike rally. i hate riding with wet socks.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:14 AM
wesd41
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with a two piece. Standing by the side of the road trying to pull a one piece suit over your riding gear in the pouring rain is a pain. Whatever you buy, make sure it fits over your riding jacket, and that the pants slip on over your riding shoes easily, but either zip down close around your ankles or have some sort of cinching arrangement to keep the pant legs from riding up or flapping around in the wind. Also, buy the pants long enough that they'll still reach your ankles in the riding position.

Coated nylon suits are a good value and more breathable than cheap plastic suits.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:50 AM
wlbowers
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 98 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: Turbo Flux

Goin to buy a rainsuit soon. What brand and price range do you guys use? Two piece? One piece?

Doesn't rain much here in the Texas panhandle, but I plan on traveling alot more this year.

Lot of them out there. I went with the Harley 2 piece.

I'd get one with heat shields on the legs. Or you will be scraping off melted rain suit from your pipes.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:49 AM
Slayer
Cruiser

I had a 1 piece HD rain suit, but quickly got tired of it since it was a pain to put on.

I ended up getting a Tourmaster 2 piece and like it much better. Less hassle to put on and I didn't feel like the Staypuff Marshmellow man when walking with it on (from my leather jacket being bunched up underneath). Make sure you get a jacket with exterior pockets as it's really lame standing there shoving your hands in your rainpants to get your keys/wallet/etc out of your pants pockets getting your dry pants wet in the process. Heat protection along the inner legs is very helpful too as is a seat panel which helps you from slip-sliding on your wet seat. Pants with zipper openings at the bottom are REALLY helpful to get big boots in/out of it. Mine have these and elastic straps at the bottom to hook them around the boot and hold the pant leg down.

Now if only I could find come really good waterproof gloves that also have kevlar or armor in them....

Old 02-13-2007, 06:56 AM
riverbobtj
Cruiser

If you ride a lot in the rain the Tour Master 2 piece suits are great. They keep you dry and hold up very well. Some come with stuff packs, some don't. You can always find something to pack them in. I had a cheaper set (i.e. $10 set) did not last long and I got a bit wet...

Old 02-13-2007, 08:20 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a two piece Tourmaster. Works great. I don't use it much here in Az. I've had it about 15 years and it's like new.

Quick Reply: Rain Suits?