General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy American

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 01:34 PM
01fxdxt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Genessee cream ale made in Genessee New York.
MMMMMM Screamers! memba those from Field days of the past.Used to joke that the next day yer excrement would match the green color of the trucks it came in-blast from the past,haha.Thanks for the memories!!!

Old 11-29-2013, 01:37 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,549 Posts

man,i try and buy nothing but American made things, but it's getting harder and harder to find American made stuff. don't mind paying alittle more for good American made products, and i don't mean the junk made of parts built in other countries.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:49 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Originally Posted by 01fxdxt
MMMMMM Screamers! memba those from Field days of the past.Used to joke that the next day yer excrement would match the green color of the trucks it came in-blast from the past,haha.Thanks for the memories!!!
$1.19 for a 24oz can at my small town corner store cheaper than bottled water.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:49 PM
04Hali
Road Warrior
Received 243 Likes on 164 Posts

Even some items that claim to be American made may not be. There are ways to get that "Made in America" label on something when in reality it's made offshore.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04Hali
Even some items that claim to be American made may not be. There are ways to get that "Made in America" label on something when in reality it's made offshore.
Yes sir, had a bearing company in China try to sell me some bearings. I told him we only use American made components he said no problem they would put a made in America sticker on the box. I told him to go pound sand and hung up.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:06 PM
jmalmsteen
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were at the Harley dealer today in Myrtle Beach and I actually found a t-shirt made is the US. I also bought two other shirts and a hat, two of which were made in Mexico and one was made in China. I want to support Harley but I also want to support American made products. Why Harley can't sell all made in the US merchandise considering how expensive everything is will remain a mystery.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jmalmsteen
We were at the Harley dealer today in Myrtle Beach and I actually found a t-shirt made is the US. I also bought two other shirts and a hat, two of which were made in Mexico and one was made in China. I want to support Harley but I also want to support American made products. Why Harley can't sell all made in the US merchandise considering how expensive everything is will remain a mystery.
It only costed us about $4 a shirt more to get them made here in the states then shirts made in south America I think Harley could swing that.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:17 PM
01fxdxt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts

Jeez,where are all the China crap lovers that extoll all the wonderfulness of modern foreign trade,cost, bad unions etc. etc..Must be they haven't taken the corporate dick out of their mouths yet.
EAT THE RICH

Old 11-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
The local Harley dealer I go to almost all T Shirts and belts are made in China. That's why I just ordered a belt from Fox Creek.
Talking about belts.....watched a guy buy a belt at the dealer for $ 47 CAN and a $ 42 belt buckle. Both made in china. Thats $100.57. If they sold belt+buckle made in the USA, they'd still make p l e n t y of $$ and I'd have one myself. As it stands, they can keep there Chinese crap, regardless on how good they make it look.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:06 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

For a few dollars more, I ordered a horsehide shirt from Hillside Leathers instead of the chinese version the moco sells. And this is why......

I had a question about size so I called the 800 number. A real American answered the phone, at least with no foreign accent, and answered my questions. His statement was "We sell a first quality product at a good price. If you're not happy with it, send it back for a full refund no problems. We want you to be happy."

I ordered as soon as I got off the phone. As it turns out sleeve alterations (the consequence of short and fat) are 25 bucks.

Quick Reply: Buy American