General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do all HD come from the factory...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 04:19 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Socal was good to visit and see the stuff you heard about your whole life, but the people there, and the expense....... Let's just say I couldn't get back to Texas fast enough

Old 03-25-2014, 06:23 AM
rick2800
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use to live in Monterey California. Very pretty place however it is full of idiots. An example. After I was stationed back home in KY I had to go back to Cali to get the then gf. My truck breaks something when I got into monterey I pull over truck running. It was smoking at this point I raise the hood and start checking things out. A guy stops walks up. I am thinking wow nice guy. He starts with We have laws against this stuff here. You should be ticketed and crush that POS. I told him if he wasnt here to help then just be on your way. He stops writes down my plate number and leaves. About 10 minutes later a cop shows up. Ask me what was going on. I told him. He said we got a call about pollution and the guy told us you verbally assaulted him. I told him my version he writes me a warning for the truck and leaves. I go on to my gfs house take the valve cover off replace 2 rocker arms and truck was good to go. The now wife was born and raised in comifornia. After living in a normal place and traveling the rest of the country she says she is glad to be out. California is a really pretty place but the idiots override the pretty. To the op I think the hd website list the price and differences between the california bikes and the rest of the country.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul
Breaking news...San Diego judge rules that "the right to keep and bare arms" means exactly that. Soon will be possible for everyone to carry. Libs going nuts, but the Consitution is pretty clear. Big changes on the way.

I live in San Diego, and for the most part, if you quit listening to the news, it is a pretty great place to live, with some of the best riding roads on the planet.

Locals know how to keep the taxes in check, and live a pretty free life. Gas costs a bit more, but Harley's get pretty good mileage.

As for OP's question. In the past most vehicles had to run pretty clean to be sold in Calif. Mostly due to LA's smog problems. Now most bikes and cars sold in the USA meet the Calif standard, and other states also require California environmental standards be met. No longer a biggie for those who choose to live here.

I used to live in Detroit...San Diego is better : >)
The right to keep and bare arms is not a right in Detroit it is a necessity.