General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike need help with color decision

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 12:18 PM
grumble
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by LiiT
Do you have any other tips on how I can compliment my "bad-***-ed-ness"?

I feel I have been slacking off in that department here lately......

LiiT
Tongue-in-cheek, man... tongue-in-cheek.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Hurricane19
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm a little biased but I would say vivid black. It looks so good clean and goes great with chrome. It can be difficult to keep it clean but honestly people come up to mine all the time and say how good it looks when I look at it and say, man it's really dirty right now I haven't cleaned it in weeks. Pollen is really bad around her right now, it looks yellow after I get off work but if you have a good coat of wax on it you can pretty much run a duster over it in 30 seconds and it looks clean again. My friend has a denim fatboy lo and I don't like how it comes with some parts vivid black, a few parts chrome, and then rest denim....make up your mind. To me it always look kind of dirty and dull which is good for him because the bike sits under a carport and he's too lazy to clean it anyway.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:38 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
get the Vivid. Denim is played out & "trendy". Looks unfinished. Vivid looks elegant. And, if you want the denim because it looks "badass", remember...you can't buy "badass" from the factory!
Yeah tend to agree with this. There are certain things that become faddish then disappear. Blacked out bikes, flat black paint, and big wheels seem to be all the rage now. The denim looks good though when it's clean and new.

I decided against black because my last two bikes were black and they can never be cleaned up for very long. The orange not only hides a lot but can be readily seen as well. Almost got the Cayenne but paying extra for what looks like a black bike did not seem to be a good idea. It's very dark as well.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Bopple Hill Rd
Road Warrior
Received 387 Likes on 257 Posts

I have a '12 SG in denim. Don't have to worry about keeping it clean as the flat doesn't show nearly as much dirt/dust as the vivid which I have on my '05 FatBoy. The earlier post from ChickinOnaChain about the shiny spots is spot-on (no pun intended), which would be the deal-breaker for me if I were to do it over again. Overall I really like the denim but the shiny rub spots are a bit of a pisser.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:54 PM
senzard
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vivid Black for me. With lots of chrome to polish on days you don't ride.imo

Old 05-09-2014, 06:00 PM
oldwarrior
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Denim Black on a Slim is the fastest.
Oh and Screaming Eagle plug wires in Red, not because they help it go even faster, but because that Red looks good next to that Denim Black.
Really need to update my Slim picture.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:02 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by grumble
Tongue-in-cheek, man... tongue-in-cheek.
I know man. Me too

Roll on.

LiiT

Old 05-09-2014, 06:09 PM
pca911rs
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the opinions I guess my only real worry with denim is that I can be a bit **** about keeping my bikes clean and new looking as you can see from the pic of my dyna

Attached Thumbnails New bike need help with color decision-cars005.jpg  
Old 05-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Zim
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a vivid black one, but then make it "One of a kind", you know, with skulls and flames & Apes.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Brian58
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by patrickd
You want help choosing what's for dinner too?

These threads slay me, what color, what bike? What's the point? If you decide you don't like it down the road are you going to blame the people who made the decision for you? Funny ****.
love it who riding Harley's now a day's people that like to bitch a bike is an emotional purchase you don't need a consensus on what color or type of bike to buy like someones post is going to sway your decision if you don't know what the fu-k you want you don't need to ride oh this will help JUST SAYING

Quick Reply: New bike need help with color decision