General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I hate stealerships

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 05:18 AM
EdrikLT
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okok i get what i deserve for posting that, i was just really piat off because its a brand new bike and it fell off, i just feel like this should't have happened but i deserved to be flammed.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:10 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,875 Likes on 17,362 Posts

Originally Posted by EdrikLT
Okok i get what i deserve for posting that, i was just really piat off because its a brand new bike and it fell off, i just feel like this should't have happened but i deserved to be flammed.
Which still doesn't answer the question several have asked. Are you the one who was loosened it at some point?

Old 06-09-2014, 06:26 AM
EdrikLT
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know no one is going to believe me but no i didn't. I was looking at maybe an intake or a diy because common from the car side, 250 for an intake is a little nuts. But the bike is 100% stock, only mods were installed by the dealership when i bought it.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,072 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryt87
I think the Fing is made in China.
It's the parent company to the Fong co. They used to make table tennis supplies...Fing Fong but changed the name later on.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:29 AM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts

Id be mad as F*** too... However going in the dealer and TELLING them what they are going to do will bite you in the ***... You have to treat the dealer as you would an ex-wife whom you have children with... They can be your friend or ... umm not your friend lol

Old 06-09-2014, 11:47 AM
rideflhr
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

This is one of the funnier threads.I have a hard time believing the op never took off the cover after reading his previous posts.
OP, dont worry about the cover ,99% are changed for an aftermarket one anyway. From your other posts you too want to change yours. If not, there are hundreds of thousands of them languishing around peoples homes that they would probably give away.
I have been buying new harleys since '71 and always changed them. Calm down,not a biggy.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,909 Likes on 3,286 Posts

**** happens.....

Old 06-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Hopefully the dealer has fixed this. Pretty sure they will give you a new one. Most likely they have a big box in the back full of them waiting to go to the scrap yard.

If for some reason they don't cover it, relax, count to ten, then order one off ebay they run $10-15.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

So I recently bought a brand new street bob and today with less than 1000 miles on it, the fing air cover comes fly off. It hits the payment and is dented and warped! I call the dealership because this is b/s and they tell me its ok and I can just drive it like that and call tomorrow for the service dept. and they "might" put it under warranty! I wanted to drive back there and slam this bike through the dealership window! First its pissing out the intake for. 300 miles and now this!! Tomorrow the service guy wont know what hit him.. Sorry if this is the wrong area but sh8t. I just bought the thing and there telling me its "fine" and they "might" warranty it. The cover alone is 150 bucks!! This just total blows my mind!!!
Based ONLY on what's in this message (forgetting about the other threads the OP has posted in), I'd also be upset that parts are falling off a new bike. When you buy a vehicle, there's always "freight" and "dealer prep" fees added onto the ticket, and I'd argue that means the dealer is responsible for prepping the bike for use, which means checking to see if all the bolts are tightened (among other things). If parts were falling off a new Chevy, most of us would also take it back to the dealership and demand they make it right.

I also understand the dealer's reluctance to accept the story as-told without checking it out a little more. It very well could be that the owner of a new bike started bolting/unbolting parts and caused it to fly off, in which case it wouldn't be HD or the dealer's fault.

As others have said, the best way to handle the situation would be with respect and professionalism. If that doesn't work, then try more pressure and a harder approach.

Anyways... I hope it's resolved and everyone ends up happy.

Last edited by Ghosteh; 06-09-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:49 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

So I recently bought a brand new street bob and today with less than 1000 miles on it, the fing air cover comes fly off. It hits the payment and is dented and warped! I call the dealership because this is b/s and they tell me its ok and I can just drive it like that and call tomorrow for the service dept. and they "might" put it under warranty! I wanted to drive back there and slam this bike through the dealership window! First its pissing out the intake for. 300 miles and now this!! Tomorrow the service guy wont know what hit him.. Sorry if this is the wrong area but sh8t. I just bought the thing and there telling me its "fine" and they "might" warranty it. The cover alone is 150 bucks!! This just total blows my mind!!!
Interesting, if it was loose, I wonder why it took so long to fall off? Also, if it was that loose, wouldn't there have been some kind of rattling noise coming from your air cover to let you know that something was wrong? Just asking.

Quick Reply: Why I hate stealerships