General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Bizarre Incident (Trippy Moment)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 11:27 PM
randydandy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bizarre Incident (Trippy Moment)

Hello and thanks for reading! Umm yeah had this bizarre trippy moment on my bike. Kinda left me stunned in bizarre mode. 2008 Dyna Super Glide.... Bikes been great only 7k miles. MIght be an inherent to the design thing but not sure. Anyways stopped in front of this store on my bike to get sugar. I always leave my bike in neutral and turn the bike off. Came back out side and started up the bike while i was standing to the side of the bike. Got on the bike and started to back out of the parking spot i was in. I looked down and noticed the neutral light was not on. By the way i have not touched the clutch lever at all yet. Went to shift bike and it was already in gear. Trippy! I thought these things couldnt start when they are in gear? Plus the fact i always leave the bike netral. What??? Like its muscle memory to leave the bike in neutral. TRIPPY! Am i missing something here??? or is this just a BIG OLE BRAIN FART GOING ON IN MY HEAD??? LOL Thanks for reading again. New here and take errrrr easy!

Old 08-04-2018, 11:55 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,429 Likes on 11,194 Posts

If it started in gear, and didn’t lurch forward...that’s TRIPPY. ��

im betting your neutral switch died or the “N’ light burnt out.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:29 AM
randydandy
Novice

Yeah im at a loss of words on what happened. Makes no sense to me. Well when i noticed the netral light was off i pushed the clutch in and pushed the shifter down but it was already solid in first gear. I than proceeded to be tripped out and put the bike in netral and the light came on. The faqqqq??? Umm okay... Just rode off and proceeded to be tripped out.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:58 AM
randydandy
Novice

Well I think i found out what happened. I was looking over the bike and there was a special tag i found in the wire harness with a radioactive symbol on it. Apparently this Dyna was specially equipped at the factory with a limited production special interdimensional flux capacitor unit. When the unit is activated by girls checking me out looking like a super Harley stud muffin awesome cool guy in the grocery store parking lot it sent the bike into a bizarre interdimensional world where everything makes no sense and is in reversed osmosis processes. That would explain the weird shifting problem. Everything is fine now and I deactivated the unit. Hopefully girls will still check me out looking so cool on my Dyna Super Hot Glide. Thanks yall!

Old 08-05-2018, 10:19 AM
drew88
Cruiser
Received 124 Likes on 61 Posts

What does it mean when the neutral light is on? It means the neutral light is on. Never trust it, on or off.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:44 PM
randydandy
Novice

Originally Posted by drew88
What does it mean when the neutral light is on? It means the neutral light is on. Never trust it, on or off.
yea i think your right i think maybe the neutral light just had a brain fart... or i got distracted by all the hot ladys in the parking lot at the time and forgot what i was doing. or it was an interdimensional shift from bizarro world to normal space and time... no idea...

Old 08-05-2018, 02:47 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,429 Likes on 11,194 Posts

Originally Posted by randydandy
yea i think your right i think maybe the neutral light just had a brain fart... or i got distracted by all the hot ladys in the parking lot at the time and forgot what i was doing. or it was an interdimensional shift from bizarro world to normal space and time... no idea...
Trippy dude...

Old 08-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,393 Likes on 3,709 Posts

The reverse osmosis stuff is helpful when you go to back the bike up..

Old 08-05-2018, 03:21 PM
randydandy
Novice

Originally Posted by TriGeezer

Trippy dude...
your from san diego? i used to live there and planned a ride from san diego to cabo san lucas but had to bail out of there like the titanic at the last moment. kinda glad i didnt do it because my friend i was gonna ride with at the time was totally unreliable pee brain and i had an even more unreliable hard tailed old rusty trusty crusty sportster that had lost more parts on the roads of san diego than i had left on the bike... man i loved that bike! bought the bucket of crap in huntington beach and rode the wheels off the thing