General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Reset "Distance since last service"

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 04:09 PM
mberk01
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reset "Distance since last service"

2019 CVO Ultra Limited FLHTKSE

How do I reset the "Distance since last service" odometer on the BOOM Box GTS Engine Info display? The owner's manual says to see your dealer to have this reset. I can't find anything in the service manual. I do all my own maintenance and would like to do this myself. Thanks

Old 10-30-2018, 11:13 AM
Tip&RingRet
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Same problem . Hope someone can give an answer. Thanks for asking the question .

Old 10-30-2018, 11:33 AM
mberk01
6th Gear
Default Here's How

It's done through the maintenance menu on the Boom Box. To enter maintenance mode, let the bike sit without messing with it for several minutes. 5 minutes seems to work. While holding one finger on On/Off (lower right) of Boom Box, depress trigger switch (left handlebar). Release trigger switch when Boom Box displays start up screen but continue to hold finger on On/Off of Boom Box. The usual warning message will display. Continue to hold the On/Off, be patient, until the Maintenance screen comes up. Now be carefull. You can screw stuff up (like your engine software) if you're careless. Scroll down to the reset option and select that. This will give an option to reset mileage since last maintenance. After reset you can back out or simply use the trigger switch to turn the Boom Box off. This is also a second way to view and clear DTCs. I had to try several times to get into maintenance mode, so be patient. It does work.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Tip&RingRet
Intermediate

What is the trigger switch?Home? Also on that same screen it should show miles to empty in the owners manual but mine shows a Harley emblem. Thanks for the info.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:31 AM
mberk01
6th Gear

The "Trigger Switch" is on the left handle bar switch cluster. It's on top of the cluster. It's the same switch used to turn on accessory mode and to scroll through the odometer display. My bike also shows the Harley emblem in the center of that information screen; but the online instruction manual shows distance to empty in that same place. Can't explain the discrepancy. The odometer display does show miles remaining, so that's what I keep an eye on. Let me know if you are able to get into the maintenance screen and complete the reset. Tip&RingRet sounds like a retired telecom guy. Me too!

Old 11-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Tip&RingRet
Intermediate

Yes I am retired at&t. Thanks again for the info.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:52 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Was this confirmed to work???

Old 11-06-2018, 04:06 PM
mberk01
6th Gear
Default Confirmed

Yes it works. The service manager at the Harley shop showed me how to do it. I returned home and performed the procedure on my own 2019 CVO Limited.

The following users liked this post:
craigffb (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 05:36 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by mberk01
Yes it works. The service manager at the Harley shop showed me how to do it. I returned home and performed the procedure on my own 2019 CVO Limited.
Cool. Thanks

Old 11-14-2018, 09:22 PM
dDavid
Tourer
Received 104 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by mberk01
It's done through the maintenance menu on the Boom Box. To enter maintenance mode, let the bike sit without messing with it for several minutes. 5 minutes seems to work. While holding one finger on On/Off (lower right) of.....
you are doing this on a CVO, so do you turn the Off/Run Switch to Run first? On an FLHTK, would you put it on Ignition or Accessory first?

Quick Reply: Reset "Distance since last service"