General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Stock heated grip knob diy

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 05:40 PM
hem1tp
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock heated grip **** diy

Don't know if this is in right/ recommended section; please move if applicable, etc...

I have a 2014 limited with stock heated grips that work but the PO had knocked the oem **** off; in my research this seems like a pretty common mishap. I tried looking for ebay replacement etc but $50+ for a ****(usually including the one grip I don't need) sparked me into coming up with a better solution, or at least trying.

I came up with using vacuum hose, marine heat shrink, audio **** and some super glue; I will link amazon parts.

Also, full disclosure, my grip did still have the "rotating switch" and could be operated, if your grip end is missing but still functioning you know what I'm talking about, if yours is totally busted off, this probably won't work...

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

First I cut some heat shrink to where it would cover and "clean up" the bar end. Then I used 7/64" vacuum hose(I think) and glued a screw inside to give it some strength then "installed" it onto original "rotary switch nub". Then put the replacement **** on and index to where you want it and tighten screw, done! It's not rocket science but I figured I'd share my fix...Tim