General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

King tour pak on police pak mount? 05 EG

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 01:23 PM
overdrive
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King tour pak on police pak mount? 05 EG

Does anybody know if the King tourpak will fit on the police bikes mount? It looks like it will to me,but I don't have any measurments off of a tourpak to really check it. I will be removing the solo police seat and putting on a stock EG standard seat. Thanx in advance, Rich W.---05 E G standard police

Old 12-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: King tour pak on police pak mount? 05 EG

Yes it will fit. In fact I just helped a friend install one this past summer. The only problem you have is your saddlebag lids. With the hockey puck lids that flip open differently than regular lids you have a clearance problem. You need to space your tourpak up approx. and inch. You will have to figure out the exact measurement by placing a piece of plywood (example) between the police bracket and your pak. Keep adding wood (or what ever you are using) until you can open the lids without striking the bottom of the tourpak. You can actually use a wood spacer if you want as long as your bolts go all the way through the stock bracket (in other words don't attache it with wood screws). If you paint the wood black no one will even notice it.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 12-26-2005, 03:52 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

I'm starting to go through the same install on my 04 police EG,I was told if i use a 2 up detachable tour pak rack(just had the docking kits put on at the dealer)to find a bolt on tourpak mount,and cut the horseshoe part of the rack off the bolt on rack,(the part with the 5 mounting holes,and cut it the same size as the 2 up tour pak rack tubing with the mounting holes) to then double up the tubes one on top of the other(bolt holes will line up on both tubes,and to use longer stainless bolts to bolt the whole system together. I'm told it will raise the tour pak up 3/4" and the bags will clear the tour pak bottom when opened
so far I have the docking kits installed,have the 2 up detachable tour pak rack,and im waiting on a bolt on tourpak rack i just bought off e-bay for $15.00 to cut down to the same size as the tube on the detachable 2 up rack. then all I need is the king tour pak #53209-90AV birch white from zannoitts if i can ever get the coin saved up,lol (they sell it for $492.78 ,compared to the harley catalog which most dealers use for their price $628.00

Quote: "YOu need to raise the tour pack 3/4" to clear the bags. The easy way to do it (especially if you are going to the detachable setup) is to use the rack that was on the back under the black radio mount. It is the same chrome rack that the EG classic and ultra use to mount the tour pack. Cut it at the front, just use the horseshoe bend, as an extra tube on top of the detachable mount. Go to the hardware store and get plugs for the front holes. If you are going to use the regular mount, go to your dealer, they will probably give you one from the trash, as they throw them away when upgrading customer's bikes to the detachables".

Hope it makes some sense,lol I'm doing this with the detachable rack,i'm to guess you could do the same using your police radio rack,and add a additional tube on top ,as a spacer

Old 12-26-2005, 05:35 PM
overdrive
Advanced

2 great ideas, thanx guys--Rich W.