General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

J&S Jacks....Dyna Usage question.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Bad Example
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&S Jacks....Dyna Usage question.....

Tried calling J&S...had to leave a message. Anyhoo...When lifting my '08 Fatbob for the 1st time I noticed a slight rocking motion back and forth while lifting and when working on the bike. Since the jack is suppposed to be and looks extremely stable on the website I'm wondering if i"m using it properly. I'm entering from the exhaust side and making sure the rear lifting table contacts the frame just behind the tranny and also make sure the fornt lifting table contacts the frame, not any mechanical part. Is this correct? Any and all constructive commentary is greatly appreciated.
Newbie Steve

Old 11-24-2008, 04:49 PM
jokr
Road Captain

Ive been shopping for a jack for my softail and im impressed with the j & s jack. While doing my research I noticed that some of the jack companies sell an adaptor for the dyna's frame I would say you need something that goes on your frame.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:52 PM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i have a j&s jack,had it about a year now.my bike and others have been on there alot,mines on there now,doing a service and a few other ...uhhh...hmmm...let's just say tweeks...anyway mine is stable,i have a 01 dyna low rider.no adapters needed.had my buds 00 deuce on there not long ago.it felt really stable...just wondered did you have the locks engaged and the pressure let off ?

Old 11-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Bad Example
Advanced

I think I've figured it out. I forgot to back off the pressure on the bottle jack once I had the bike lifted and the stop levers set. So there was still some lift pressure on the frame causing it to rock a little. Thanks for the comments. By the by....J&S called be back ina timely manner and went over usage with me. Great guys to deal with!

Old 11-25-2008, 06:03 PM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes they are..nothing but good things to say about them,when mine arrived it had been dropped,the drain pan was trashed and one of the wheels was broken,i emailed them and they called me back and i had a pan and wheel two days later...now that was really cool..i highly recommend them...

Old 11-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I had a Dyna I had an adapter. If I recall an adapter is needed because the oil tank hangs below the frame on Dynas.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Romark
Road Master

Originally Posted by tpmurray
When I had a Dyna I had an adapter. If I recall an adapter is needed because the oil tank hangs below the frame on Dynas.
No adapter needed for a Dyna on a J&S jack. Rosie O'Donnel couldn't knock my '07 Wide Glide off my J&S jack.

Mark

Old 12-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Bad Example
Advanced

Yep....had to back off the bottle jack...now she sits solid!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Bad Example
Advanced

No adapter needed for the 'bob BTW....

Old 12-01-2008, 03:42 PM
ride99fxd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Romark
No adapter needed for a Dyna on a J&S jack. Rosie O'Donnel couldn't knock my '07 Wide Glide off my J&S jack.

Mark
That's true, but she could probably do things to it that you wouldn't want to touch it without rubber gloves.

Quick Reply: J&S Jacks....Dyna Usage question.....