General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

All is well on the Southern front...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 07:35 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default All is well on the Southern front...

Well, I arrived in Alabama this am around 10. It was rainy and cloudy. Slept a total of about 3 hours overnight. It's been a while since I haven't slept. Arrived to my sister in law taking care of my mother in law at St Vincent's in birmingham. This was the first time I ahve met my mother in law. Not the circumstances that I was hoping for, but oh well. She is able to speak and is in good spirits regardless of the fact that she suffered a stroke on saturday. What a sweetheart.

I have never been to the south prior to today. Wow. People are so cool. They are all nice. I love it. There is no traffic where we are, and it is beautiful country. I am in shock that I have lived where I do for so long. Anyway, I slept a few hours in the car, and have jsut returned to the room where wi-fi is available on an unsecure connection. I hvae been jonesin' for my forums all day and night. Hello all of you. You have been missed. Scootergrrl is sleeping in the chair in the hospital room, and Marion, my mother in law is sleeping in the bed. I am sitting on the floor talking to yawl.

A prayer for Marion would be a great thing. I think she is going to pull thru jsut fine, but it certainly can't hurt. Thanks, and I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Shadofaxx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: All is well on the Southern front...

One is coming from me. Best to all, especially Marion.

The term 'Southern Hospitality' was not just made up. There is somenthing there.

Shadofaxx

Old 10-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Barebackjack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get a chance, check out Riders's HD in Trussville. They sometimes have demo bikes to ride. I rode a v rod there before there on a business trip. Told them I was looking to buy, showed them m/c endorsement, and off I went. Hope you m/in law is better soon. Lots of good southern food to be had there.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:36 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a prayer from me, too. I miss Alabama so much. One day, yall will have to come down under better circumstances.