Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

American Classic Motors - Stay away

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 11:28 AM
nlando
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default American Classic Motors - Stay away

Just thought I would share my experience with this Ebay vendor. This past July, I purchased a Ultima Showdown Solo seat from the above mentioned vendor on Ebay. Before purchasing, I asked the vendor if this seat would fit my 08 Deluxe, and was assured that it would. I asked again to ensure that it would fit, and explained that the mounting system for the Deluxe was different than other softails, and again was told that it would fit (although the manager sounded annoyed that I was asking again). I purchased the seat and had it shipped. When I received it, I proceeded to attempt installation but found out that this seat does not fit the intended application.

I called them to let them know that the seat did not fit, and was told to send it back for exchange. I was also told that I needed to pay for shipping, as they did not cover this cost. I explained to them that it was not my fault the seat did not fit, but was told again that they did not pay for shipping. I tried calling them and left a message for them several times to give them a chance to make good on this issue, but never heard back from them. My only recourse was to call my credit card company and get the charges reversed. This finally got done this month, so now I have a seat that does not fit my bike, and still looking for a seat for it.

I just checked Ebay today to see if they still list this seat for all softails, and they do. They claim it fits all softails 00-10 with 150 rear tire. I cannot believe that they are still selling this without updating the fit for this item.

Sorry for the long post.

I just wanted to warn all of you to stay away from this company. Sorry for the long post.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:41 AM
QS78
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

last month i bought v&h shorties from them, it went ok. now im spending $350 for few parts and awaiting the delivery. If they deliver the right parts i would have no problem with fitting !! I always refer to the mother catalog like custom chrome or drag spec. befor placing the order.

Last edited by QS78; 11-01-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:47 AM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's a real bummer and a legitimate gripe there. I've bought several items from them spread over multiple orders and had no problems. sorry you had trouble.

but I have to say...hold on here

you reversed the charges but kept the seat?

Old 11-01-2009, 11:54 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That really sucks brah... and hope you get it worked out.

I had a not so pleasant time with them myself. A while back I ordered a front fender from them and I was also looking for a solo seat, although I could find the seat cheaper some place else I was willing to buy it from them cause they say they combine shipping and to hawaii shipping UPS even ground really sucks. Anyway they tell me after you win the auction for the fender the do the buy it now for the seat at that time we can combine your shipping. So I did just that and then they tell me the will be $76.00 3 times as much as shipping posted for the other 48 states? So I say what about the combine shipping savings? They say since the items are 2 big items they can't be boxed together. Guess what when I got them they came in the same box... wtf? And they took like a month to get here.

Now I also hear good things about them and if I lived in the mainland I would buy from them cause there prices are good. But since I live in Hawaii I'll never buy from them again.

They are kinda rude on the phone... and could work on being pleasant to their customers... cause their customer service sucks bigtime!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:58 AM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by story808
to hawaii...UPS ground

UPS Ground...to...Hawaii?

Old 11-01-2009, 11:59 AM
hardhead
Tourer

Originally Posted by NewDude
that's a real bummer and a legitimate gripe there. I've bought several items from them spread over multiple orders and had no problems. sorry you had trouble.

but I have to say...hold on here

you reversed the charges but kept the seat?
I'm sure if ACM wanted the seat back, he would gladly give it back. They could pick it up anytime. I wouldn't pay to ship it back either. Honestly, they probably don't care one way or the other. They'll make it up somewhere else.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:02 PM
hardhead
Tourer

I wouldn't go as far to say stay away from ACM altogether. They have good deals and fast shipping for the most part. Mistakes happen.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:14 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NewDude

UPS Ground...to...Hawaii?
Yeah... You can still send ground it's cheaper then air but take a long time.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:22 PM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,003 Likes on 516 Posts

To my knowledge, if it fits other Softails with a 150, it will fit the Deluxe. The Deluxe has 2 mountng holes on the side of the frame that are plugged from the factory. You should have been able to take out the plastic plugs and mount the seat. Lepera seats mount this way and I had a Bare Bones for a while.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:23 PM
nlando
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hardhead
I'm sure if ACM wanted the seat back, he would gladly give it back. They could pick it up anytime. I wouldn't pay to ship it back either. Honestly, they probably don't care one way or the other. They'll make it up somewhere else.
I would send the seat back without question if they paid for it, but there is no way I will spend my own money to send it back, especially since the customer service has been so bad. Every time I spoke with them, I got the feeling that I was bothering them. They had no interest in making good on the deal.

It seems other people have had good experience with them, but I will never buyfrom them again. There are plenty of e-vendors out ther with good prices so no need to support bad customer service.

Quick Reply: American Classic Motors - Stay away